Neymar

Technically, he was not booked for the showboating but for arguing/defending himself. Nevertheless, it was idiotic from the referee IMHO - also let Montpellier chop him down repeatedly and did precious little to discourage those tactics (particularly in terms of bookings). They went down to 9 men in the end but were called for the same number of fouls and generally did little to prevent the match into degenerating into a joke

Typically, Neymar has resorted to this bit of skill to humiliate opponents that have been kicking him repeatedly - refs can't manage the game, I have no issue with it

He's a level above everyone not named Messi but has not played a full season in 4 years - caveat emptor. Shame really, who knows what kind of player he could've been had he had the sort of professionalism of CR or Leo

Technically, he was not booked for the showboating but for arguing/defending himself. Nevertheless, it was idiotic from the referee IMHO - also let Montpellier chop him down repeatedly and did precious little to discourage those tactics (particularly in terms of bookings). They went down to 9 men in the end but were called for the same number of fouls and generally did little to prevent the match into degenerating into a joke

Typically, Neymar has resorted to this bit of skill to humiliate opponents that have been kicking him repeatedly - refs can't manage the game, I have no issue with it

He's a level above everyone not named Messi but has not played a full season in 4 years - caveat emptor. Shame really, who knows what kind of player he could've been had he had the sort of professionalism of CR or Leo

Neymar gets the shit kicked out of him every single game, it's actually outrageous.

Ligue 1 is pretty rough anyway, a lot of teams who would make Burnley look like soft touches, but the referees seem to just refuse to referee him properly, if they did he would get 20 free kicks a game.

This one famously didn't get any punishment.

Or this one where the referee ignores 3 clear fouls in 10 seconds.

Honestly I would love for people who think Neymar dives or is soft to watch games like last night and then try and say it with a straight face.

Neymar gets the shit kicked out of him every single game, it's actually outrageous.

Ligue 1 is pretty rough anyway, a lot of teams who would make Burnley look like soft touches, but the referees seem to just refuse to referee him properly, if they did he would get 20 free kicks a game...Honestly I would love for people who think Neymar dives or is soft to watch games like last night and then try and say it with a straight face.

No question. Unfortunately, he will resort to diving in mentally weaker moments

He's a gloriously talented footballer, just not the ideal professional - especially, if you are one of his club supporters. But maybe that's just the way the game has turned, I don't know

I always say about Ronaldinho that he shined brightly but briefly, particularly when you compare it to say Messi. Neymar, could carry the mantle but he's too much clown & not enough competitor. Would have been spectacular if he had say even Dani Alves' professionalism, we'll see - I don't believe a player can reverse their dedication even at 28 & certainly not based on what he seems to still be doing

But he can entertain

Too many brazilians no longer play with that fluid skill we saw as kids in the 80's and early 90's....romario, ronaldinho, rivaldo, r.carlos to name just a few

They have gone down the european route of playing to try and win another world cup and lost their identity doing so

Neymar still holds this old brazilian style of play in his heart and for that i applaud him

Anyone see his booking last night? For attempting a rainbow flick! Unbelievable.

Referees have a problem in France. I think they feel the need to lower the overwhelming skill and talent gap.
As a consequence, they are lenient on fouls on Neymar and PSG. Often PSG finishes with the same number of yellow cards while the opponents are playing very physically. They also almost never give us stoppage time when we are winning with 3 or more goals even if there was 6 minutes to be added. As if they felt the need to put the other teams out of their misery.

Weird because usually the referees tend to overprotect the biggest sides in their league.

It was a disgrace that the referee asked him to calm down his dribbling because he didn't have the heart to righfully book the Montpellierains.

It’s fucking ridiculous that refs are warning players for this and that other players think it’s humiliating them.
What next?
Sorry SWP you are not allowed to use your pace to get past people and naughty KDB, how dare he see passes like that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.