NFL Draft

niall_mcfc

NFL draft is ongoing. Will update it with every pick. I know we dont have many nfl fans on here but still interesting for the few that are. Also will help if we have another fantasy league.

1. Andrew Luck to Colts(QB Stanford)
2. Robert Griffin III to Redskins(QB Baylor)
3. Trent Richardson to Browns(RB Alabama-traded 4 picks to Vikings)
4. Matt Kalil to Vikings(OT USC)
5. Justin Blackmon to Jaguars(WR Oklahoma St-traded up 4th rounder)
6. Morris Claiborne to Dallas(CB LSU-traded 2nd rounder to Rams)
7. Mark Barron to Bucs(S Alabama)
8. Ryan Tannehill to Dolphins(QB Texas A&M)
9. Luke Kuechly to Carolina(LB Boston College)
10. Stephon Gilmore to Bills(CB South Carolina)
11. Dontari Poe to Chiefs(DT Memphis)
12. Fletcher Cox to Eagles(DT Miss St)
13. Michael Floyd to Arizona(WR Notre Dame)
14. Michael Brockers to Rams(DT LSu)
15. Bruce Irvin to Seattle(DE West Virginia)
16. Quinton Coples to NYJ(DE North Carolina)
17. Dre Kirkpatrick to Bengals(CB Alabama)
18. Melvin Ingram to Chargers(DE South Carolina)
19. Shea McClellin to Chicago(LB Boise St)
20. Kendall Wright to Titans (WR Baylor)
21. Chandler Jones to Pats(DE Syracuse)
22. Brandon Weeden to Browns(Oklahoma St)
23. Riley Reiff to Lions(OT Iowa)
24. David DeCastro to Steelers(OG Stanford)
25. Dont'a Hightower to Pats(LB Alabama)
26. Whitney Mercilus to Texans(DE Illinois)
27. Kevin Zeitler to Bengals(OG Wiconsin)
28. Nick Perry to Packers(DE USC)
29. Harrison Smith to Vikings(S Notre Dame)
30. Aj Jenkins to 49ers(WR Illinois)
31. Doug Martin to Bucs(RB Boise St)
32. David Wilson to Giants(RB Virgina Tech)

Round 2 and 3 tomorrow and 4-7 on Saturday night

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
saw them talking about this on the news..... what does it exactly mean???

In the Nfl they get all their players from the college system. The draft is the best eligible college players being selected for their pro teams. The team with the worst record gets the 1st pick and so on. My team the Colts had the worst record so we selected 1st and took a new Qb as we released our previous one.

niall_mcfc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

In the Nfl they get all their players from the college system. The draft is the best eligible college players being selected for their pro teams. The team with the worst record gets the 1st pick and so on. My team the Colts had the worst record so we selected 1st and took a new Qb as we released our previous one.

So the players are a bit like slaves and told who has just bought them without their approval or consent?
Whilst I appreciate they will be paid handsomely for their employment, some college kid from (say) South Carolina now has to pack his bags and move to (say) Buffalo and can't say 'no'?

I mean, imagine this applied to ''soccer'' in the UK and the team that picked you.....was the rags...... against your will......

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
niall_mcfc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

So the players are a bit like slaves and told who has just bought them without their approval or consent?
Whilst I appreciate they will be paid handsomely for their employment, some college kid from (say) South Carolina now has to pack his bags and move to (say) Buffalo and can't say 'no'?

He can say no. Very few do as they are being given a once in a life time opportunity to play in the Nfl and be paid millions to do so. If a player doesnt want to go to the team 100% then he wont and will have to wait til the next season to be re drafted or to be traded from the team that picked him originally. If you are interested in this then wikipedia Michael Crabtree.

niall_mcfc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
niall_mcfc said:

He can say no. Very few do as they are being given a once in a life time opportunity to play in the Nfl and be paid millions to do so. If a player doesnt want to go to the team 100% then he wont and will have to wait til the next season to be re drafted or to be traded from the team that picked him originally. If you are interested in this then wikipedia Michael Crabtree.

Without being rude, I'm not interested as such - just saw it on the news tonight but didn't understand what it was about (being a recent immigrant into the US) but you have supplied the answers, thanks :)

gaudinho's stolen car said:
How come it's called football when it's completely different from football?
I be no American Football fan has ever been asked that before... The usual retort is that the limeys came up with the name and then whinge when they use it.

Skashion said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
How come it's called football when it's completely different from football?
I be no American Football fan has ever been asked that before... The usual retort is that the limeys came up with the name and then whinge when they use it.

Could it be that they are desperate to maintain a link with their forefathers? They are clambering to appease their British ancestors, who much like a dominating and cold patriarch frown upon their childish scrambling "game", which is indecipherable and never ending?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.