NFL Draft

buckshot said:
Frank the Yank said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
His overall pass completion percentage was 4% better than lucks. Not to mention almost 10% better on passes over 20 yards. There is a reason he won the heisman over the "best QB prospect since PM". He was just doing it against BIG XII defenses which aren't exactly the best in the nation. Still incredible though. He will be very good IMO.

RG III well might be a product of the system/league he played in. Time will tell but the NFL is littered with high QB draft pick busts!!!

You said it. Between Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Andre Ware, Tim Couch, Rick Mirer, David Carr and countless others I'd be scared shitless to take a QB in the top five picks.
Seems to have put the Falcons, Lions and Panthers in a good position though. Since 2008, the quarterbacks taken early in the draft haven't been busts like Leaf, Carr and Russell. And i don't see that trend stopping with RG3 and Luck

Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton. As a Colts fan we could have 2 of the best Qbs in Nfl history one after the other.
Im a massive fan of RG3III but his passing will be tested in the Nfl more than in college and teams will stop him from running. Luck is quick and agile but has proven he has the arm to throw 30+ times a game whereas Griffin doesnt.

Disappointed Colts decided to take Lucks mate from Stanford, Fleener. Our D needs refreshing and had the chance to take Upshaw who according to many scouts was Bamas 2nd best player on defense behind Barron. Ravens have done very well so far and only taken 1 player.

aguero16 said:
My cowboys got their man in Morris!

So flipping happy!!!!!!!

You follow the cowboys? They're the RAGS of the NFL.

Not even worth bothering with the Draft this year or the season for that matter, as either way I look at it the Saints are going to have a shit season without Sean Payton. I'll just look forward to seeing if the Offense can keep up their work, the way I look at it without Payton overlooking everything, Brees will pretty much run the team, bit like JT at Chelsea.

Frank the Yank said:
Fleenor is no slouch. think he will be a good pro. Same same for Upshaw though!

Fleener is a good player and prospect but imo Upshaw was top 20 potential yet he dropped to 2nd round. The Ravens will be laughing at uss for not taking him.

niall_mcfc said:
Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton. As a Colts fan we could have 2 of the best Qbs in Nfl history one after the other.
Im a massive fan of RG3III but his passing will be tested in the Nfl more than in college and teams will stop him from running. Luck is quick and agile but has proven he has the arm to throw 30+ times a game whereas Griffin doesnt.

I'm with you, I think Luck will be a better QB in the NFL. But RG3 did avg. over 30 passes a game this last year, and had a better completion % (ESPECIALLY on the deep ball). The guy is amazing. Still would take Luck though, you don't graduate from Stanford with a degree in Architectual Design and Engineering and come out dumb.

The Colts drafter TWO Tight Ends, they're gonna be playing the same way as the Pats next year. Still think they have too many holes elsewhere to spend their first 3 picks on tight ends and a QB. Looks like Luck might take a bit of a battering if they don't improve their Oline.

As for my team the Chargers, they have quietly done some awesome drafting. Filled the two biggest needs at pass rush and safety with a couple of great picks and also got great value with Reyes with the 49th pick. There's still a lot of talent left who can fill needs for the Chargers so if this carries on maybe AJ Smith will be around for a while longer yet. The Chargers message board is absolutely buzzing.

jay_mcfc said:
The Colts drafter TWO Tight Ends, they're gonna be playing the same way as the Pats next year. Still think they have too many holes elsewhere to spend their first 3 picks on tight ends and a QB. Looks like Luck might take a bit of a battering if they don't improve their Oline.

As for my team the Chargers, they have quietly done some awesome drafting. Filled the two biggest needs at pass rush and safety with a couple of great picks and also got great value with Reyes with the 49th pick. There's still a lot of talent left who can fill needs for the Chargers so if this carries on maybe AJ Smith will be around for a while longer yet. The Chargers message board is absolutely buzzing.

Our O-Line is fine. We have brought in Samson Satele and Winstone Justice to add to Castonzo and Ijalan who look really good. We needed a TE after Clark and Tamme left but i didnt expect us to take 2 so early. WR was needed badly and hope that TY Hilton can produce as the 3rd/4th wideout this year. Donald Brown will be having his 1st season as a starter and he showed last season why we picked him in the 1st round. Not an exceptional back but a good one to support Luck.
As for defense we have brought in Redding and Zibikowski from the Ravens so Pagano knows them well. Switching to 3-4 with Mathis and Freeney as OLBs and Pat Angerer in the middle of them. My only worry is CB. Powers is a very good player but we havent got another. Im sure Irsay will find someone who can do a job like Tryon did but we released him which was odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.