NFL Football

Yeah it's looks that way at the moment.

But when you look at it, it's really just the Ravens and Patriots doing anything noteworthy in the AFC, while the NFC currently has the 8-2 Seahawks and 7-3 Vikings as the 5th and 6th seed. So my Saints, currently 3rd seed, are looking at the Vikings in the wildcard game. AFC's current 3rd seed, Texans, are looking at the pretty inconsistent 5-4 Steelers.

Just looking at the list of teams one has to go through in the NFC to get to the SB, we're looking at some potential mouth watering playoff games.

To the extent that they batter each other into submission and allow the AFC team to scoop the prize.

Yeah it's looks that way at the moment.

But when you look at it, it's really just the Ravens and Patriots doing anything noteworthy in the AFC, while the NFC currently has the 8-2 Seahawks and 7-3 Vikings as the 5th and 6th seed. So my Saints, currently 3rd seed, are looking at the Vikings in the wildcard game. AFC's current 3rd seed, Texans, are looking at the pretty inconsistent 5-4 Steelers.

Just looking at the list of teams one has to go through in the NFC to get to the SB, we're looking at some potential mouth watering playoff games.

The Vikings have a roll to play. They are decent and could beat the Seahawks / Packers and get through as the wildcard as you say. Steelers are my second team and are not out of this yet. Rudolph is getting into it and they are on a run of 4 Wins. They have plenty of winable games to go, Bills away could be a wildcard rival and Ravens at home as the last regular season game could be very tasty if they need a win.

Under Kraft and Belichick, probably, but there were many days of famine, first. :-)

Forgive me for forgetting life existed before the Kraft/Belichick dominance. I was still in primary school when they drafted Brady.

Last edited:
The Vikings have a roll to play. They are decent and could beat the Seahawks / Packers and get through as the wildcard as you say. Steelers are my second team and are not out of this yet. Rudolph is getting into it and they are on a run of 4 Wins. They have plenty of winable games to go, Bills away could be a wildcard rival and Ravens at home as the last regular season game could be very tasty if they need a win.

Regardless of who finishes where in the NFC, it will be a pretty brutal playoff schedule, and the NFC champions could arguably (rightly imo) be considered the true best team in the NFL, even if they go on to lose the Super Bowl.

watched the match last night (hawks/49ers) close close game, couldn't help but compare it to the match on sunday, in particular the lack of nasty niggling fouls, sly kicks and generally all-round shithousery that typifies a match at anfield. My verdict is that in grid-iron the chances of "getting away with one" is very much reduced, where-as 'pool seem to have free pass, egged on by the near-hysterical neanderthals. Anyway, great game in SanFran, not sure either will lift the V.L, Trophy but will be a threat.....

Regardless of who finishes where in the NFC, it will be a pretty brutal playoff schedule, and the NFC champions could arguably (rightly imo) be considered the true best team in the NFL, even if they go on to lose the Super Bowl.
It rings a bell in the back of my mind but even if I wasn't 100% sure then this post would definitely make me think you're a Saints fan.

Forgive me forgetting life existed before the Kraft/Belichick dominance. I was still in primary school when they drafted Brady.
I saw Brady play live in 1999 for the university of Michigan when I was working over there. At the time I had no clue who he was, but looking back on it I saw greatness in the making.

I saw Brady play live in 1999 for the university of Michigan when I was working over there. At the time I had no clue who he was, but looking back on it I saw greatness in the making.

I'm not so sure anyone back in his Michigan days would have predicted Brady's career path of NFL success & that was probably demonstrated in being a 6th round draft pick.

Just shows what a lottery the NFL draft system can be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.