NHS and all key workers

A HUMAN STORY... Key workers, going beyond

I'll not apologise for the length of this post, nor it's content...

The words 'key-worker' have entered our world to denote those involved in activities that are perceived to be of a level of importance that without them, life doesn't function as it should...most know someone or know of someone who are involved in such activities...these activities are seemingly 'owned' by a wave of frontliners who immediately spring to mind, the great people of the NHS, those who do the caring out in the community, the ferriers of supplies who see to needs of food and equipment, the makers and providers of such things, yet there others too, those unknown faces that have voices of the ordinary people heard down the phonelines giving out of advice, soothing fears,to those whose lives have been turned upside down brought on by the events that we are all victims of...

The last group, those at the end of the phone offering advice are the key providers of what follows,

So, a phone call needs answering, 'Hello'...a simple ordinary sound...'I wonder if you can help me'... in a centre concerned with advising on utility finance, not an usual request...' Am on old lady and I live on my own, I've no family and I'm in isolation with just one tin of soup to eat, after that I've nothing'...the person listening was all prepared to run through a vague script and rely on their own experiences to navigate through unusual ways people may present their difficulties with...this wasn't on any script nor in any banked experienced they could call on...thinking time asks for a gathering of thoughts...in a conversation over the phone, this creates a period of silence...

The customer adviser was stunned....but, had to answer the other parts of the lady's call...and...the call was dealt with as such.

Human empathy is a funny thing...you have to feel it to get it, when you do... it gets to hit you as if whatever ails a fellow being, also ails you, and if you can help to remove the hurt, the pain, the lostness another feels then...you act, if you can, you support the other the best way that you can, the feelings that are felt are the drivers of consequence.

In this instance the 'adviser' rung the old lady back...she answered and was asked if she had any ailments or allergies of any sorts and if she also had any particular cravings for anything...she had no allergies and that her ailments were old age and being unable to get out, but she did have a yearning for a packet of salted crisps.

Because of the position of being a key-worker, there wasn't any immediate alternative for the adviser but to continue with their work until the end of shift.

The old lady's predicament was still there, and on approaching a colleague and having told them of what had happened on one call, they both decided to go to a local supermarket...they shopped for the basics they thought that she may need and then proceeded to travel over 40 miles to the old lady's address...where upon on arriving they were met with with what such kindness and consideration for another human being does, as she took hold of her 'goodies' one can only imagine her further response to their final parting gift...a packet of ready salted crisps....

The events actually happened to colleagues of my partner who is now working from home...and I felt that such a wonderful human story should be put out there somewhere...I've chosen Bluemoon because the company and people are located in the North West...it's a 'homegrown' example of how people are positively reacting to reach out to total strangers at this time...such acts need telling.

I'll take this opportunity to thank all those out there who are going about doing what they do and be assured your services will never be forgotten not by me nor by the community of people who you work on behalf of...even though you may not realise that is what you all do x

Huzza !
its the start of the 3rd year of our pay deal today introduced in 2018,the one that was only introduced to keep us just above the minimum wage for us on band 1/ band 2
my hourly pay has just gone up to £9.20 per hour from £9.02 per hour last year,I'm fucking ecstatic
i might calm down when i start my shift at 10.30 later

Huzza !
its the start of the 3rd year of our pay deal today introduced in 2018,the one that was only introduced to keep us just above the minimum wage for us on band 1/ band 2
my hourly pay has just gone up to £9.20 per hour from £9.02 per hour last year,I'm fucking ecstatic
i might calm down when i start my shift at 10.30 later
Shame it takes a pandemic to hopefully highlight the shite £££ people are paid in these positions stay safe blue and thank you

OK...this is knee jerk, and I'm trying really hard to be level headed here. Another Human Story, closer to home, unfortunately...

My ex-wife worked at a hospital semi-retired, collecting bloods from patients, thrown in at the deep end and given the flimsy protection that nearly all NHS workers were originally given she was then involved with patients who had symptoms of COVID-19. It was never going to be enough, as I told her at the time, my main concern was that she may unintentionally pass this thing on to the rest of the family...her husband also worked at the same hospital ferrying people around. As it transpired our eldest son's daughter was found to be a carrier...news that my ex-wife told her management at the hospital, answer? Carry on...basically, just be careful?!!!!!!

Monday she developed symptoms, high temp and dry cough...advised to go home...today, collapsed at home and is now a patient at the same hospital she worked at. It was a nightmare in the coming and making by the consequences of in-action of how this thing has been dealt with and obviously because of the lack of investment over a period of time. It's not just her this is happening to not just her and the family that are suffering right now, there's many more who are having to face, and sadly, will have to face, what they are through no fault of their own.

To say I don't want to even listen to any drivel that those in government may have to say is an understatement...all the numbers in the world won't get her through this, just circumstance and coincidence...and that is the bottom line isn't it? Circumstance and coincidence will get people through this and oh yes...less movement in cars...evidently.

My heart goes out to all you NHS workers and other workers having to deal with this terrible thing, and you have my absolute support if ever you should decide to re-think your 'moral' compass when it comes to being forced to look after people with no real protection from becoming a victim yourselves. I salute you and your families right now...no clapping no cheering no singing can change a thing on the ground if those managing the situation keep making decisions that endanger those who are asked to go beyond.

It's as if they are armed with wooden staves to ward off am army of centurion bloody tanks!

Sorry, again, if this is the wrong thread, if I've encroached on upsetting those who are supportive of the immoral actions taken by the leadership, I'm not apologising, this is a real event, a repeated daily event, one that I selfishly hope ends positively.

And wish her all the best from me too,they are the absolute best,putting others before themselves in situations like this,truely humbling.

Thanks, and thanks to everyone working on our behalf you really are the unsung heroes

OK...this is knee jerk, and I'm trying really hard to be level headed here. Another Human Story, closer to home, unfortunately...

My ex-wife worked at a hospital semi-retired, collecting bloods from patients, thrown in at the deep end and given the flimsy protection that nearly all NHS workers were originally given she was then involved with patients who had symptoms of COVID-19. It was never going to be enough, as I told her at the time, my main concern was that she may unintentionally pass this thing on to the rest of the family...her husband also worked at the same hospital ferrying people around. As it transpired our eldest son's daughter was found to be a carrier...news that my ex-wife told her management at the hospital, answer? Carry on...basically, just be careful?!!!!!!

Monday she developed symptoms, high temp and dry cough...advised to go home...today, collapsed at home and is now a patient at the same hospital she worked at. It was a nightmare in the coming and making by the consequences of in-action of how this thing has been dealt with and obviously because of the lack of investment over a period of time. It's not just her this is happening to not just her and the family that are suffering right now, there's many more who are having to face, and sadly, will have to face, what they are through no fault of their own.

To say I don't want to even listen to any drivel that those in government may have to say is an understatement...all the numbers in the world won't get her through this, just circumstance and coincidence...and that is the bottom line isn't it? Circumstance and coincidence will get people through this and oh yes...less movement in cars...evidently.

My heart goes out to all you NHS workers and other workers having to deal with this terrible thing, and you have my absolute support if ever you should decide to re-think your 'moral' compass when it comes to being forced to look after people with no real protection from becoming a victim yourselves. I salute you and your families right now...no clapping no cheering no singing can change a thing on the ground if those managing the situation keep making decisions that endanger those who are asked to go beyond.

It's as if they are armed with wooden staves to ward off am army of centurion bloody tanks!

Sorry, again, if this is the wrong thread, if I've encroached on upsetting those who are supportive of the immoral actions taken by the leadership, I'm not apologising, this is a real event, a repeated daily event, one that I selfishly hope ends positively.

Very sad hope she makes a full recovery and everyone of yous keeps safe good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.