NHS being recommended 1% pay rise

Why not pay the NHS the 3% the politicians tucked into last year. I understand from the ipsa they will not be receiving a pay rise this year as it not feasible in our current state of affairs. Politicians always say they have no dealing in pay rises but they never ever refute them. The figures quoted below below can be supplemented by ministerial or select committee responsibileties so maybe they can hold out for another year and god speed that man!.

A difficult connundrum however because many sectors have performed well under incredible duress and should equally be entiled to commensurate reward.

Bt just announced a price rise as did Sky last week. Expect more to follow suit to draw back losses. If your out of contract boys and girls then haggle like a man possessed!

The economy is fucked mate, it'll take years to recover. Then people in such public sector roles can expect to see pay rises. There's other thankless key workers such as prison officers who get forgotten about yearly, and I believe they've not received a pay rise for years.

When you join a frontline healthcare role, guess what? It has the chance to be dangerous and busy. NHS can't have their cake and eat it. Same if you got a lad who joined the armed forces and then got called up to the frontline in a warzone and didn't want to go. Why sign up then? There's plenty of other bodies out there willing to take their place and would die to be in their position.

I have genuine massive respect to anybody within the NHS who's kept their job and put in hard work and long hours under distress. However, it does not entitle you to an automatic pay rise unfortunately.

You clearly don't.

The economy is fucked mate, it'll take years to recover. Then people in such public sector roles can expect to see pay rises. There's other thankless key workers such as prison officers who get forgotten about yearly, and I believe they've not received a pay rise for years.

When you join a frontline healthcare role, guess what? It has the chance to be dangerous and busy. NHS can't have their cake and eat it. Same if you got a lad who joined the armed forces and then got called up to the frontline in a warzone and didn't want to go. Why sign up then? There's plenty of other bodies out there willing to take their place and would die to be in their position.

I have genuine massive respect to anybody within the NHS who's kept their job and put in hard work and long hours under distress. However, it does not entitle you to an automatic pay rise unfortunately.
Oh fuck here we go. No furloughing for public sector staff mind, which prison officers also are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.