NHS Privatised behind our backs?

I work in a part of the NHS, currently, after switching jobs after my accident and from I've seen so far, there's a LOT of unnecessary bureaucratic f*ck ups and waste!

In the dept I'm in, there's a huge budget waste because other depts are overworked or have long time staff not bothered to work with depts, like mine, and therefore cause us to overspend in order to get patients records to their appointments. Almost £50, 000 in transport that could have been avoided.

It's ridiculous what goes on.

Saying that, there's supposed to be a huge electronic overhaul that's been in planning for the last 5 years, I believe.

I've posted this elsewhere, but it's more appropriate here...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CSp6HsQVtw[/video]

Unbelievable!

malg said:
Question for those who work in the NHS. Does it need more money, or do we need to look at how it spends it's current allowance?

I don't work in the NHS but having listened to many a discussion on this topic (mainly radio 4) One of the biggest facts that startled me was staffing costs.

For every £1 the NHS gets 70p goes on staff and 30p on care. I have no idea if the amount they have now is enough, however I would look at getting the ratio of staff costs to care down to a more balanced level. If that means increasing the budget then so be it.

Bigga said:
I work in a part of the NHS, currently, after switching jobs after my accident and from I've seen so far, there's a LOT of unnecessary bureaucratic f*ck ups and waste!

In the dept I'm in, there's a huge budget waste because other depts are overworked or have long time staff not bothered to work with depts, like mine, and therefore cause us to overspend in order to get patients records to their appointments. Almost £50, 000 in transport that could have been avoided.

Saying that, there's supposed to be a huge electronic overhaul that's been in planning for the last 5 years, I believe.

The few weeks I worked at Wythenshawe was an eye opener, just looking at the computers and old arse paperwork people use is baffling. The technology has been there for years to make everything more efficient.

No doubt this new overhaul will be outdated tech.

There be profit in illness. We all get ill at times.

Hospitals are like funeral directors in that they will always be a growth industry.

Big corporations like money, Tories like corporations as there mates run them and give them donations. So a fair trade is to give corporations profit so donations increase.

Imagine seeing a person riddled with cancer not as a patient but as a unit of profit. Just imagine if that patient was you!!

Scottyboi said:
Bigga said:

The few weeks I worked at Wythenshawe was an eye opener, just looking at the computers and old arse paperwork people use is baffling. The technology has been there for years to make everything more efficient.

No doubt this new overhaul will be outdated tech.

We spunked £10 billion on a NHS IT system that had to be scrapped because it just didn't work.

Another fine example of just how much money gets wasted by government while they blame the worst off in society.

I have a story about the privatisation of the facilities management side of the NHS which might throw some light on why they dont have enough cash..
About 4 years ago I was in wythenshaw hospital and there was a broken cupboard in a kitchen, this was a big standard 1000mm kitchen cupboard worktop was fine but cupboard was shot, previously one the in house maintenance guys would have ordered a new cupboard from a supplier and fitted it, total cost less than 100 quid, however the then incumbent maintenance company was call the guy turns up tuts shakes his head a lot, goes away comes back with a new cupboard fits it, no problem you'd think, invoice lands for 1500 quid. Thats where the cash is going out of the NHS into profits of large private companies.

Dont forget the employment agencies charging upwards of £3,000 for a doctors shift and £2,000 for a nurse!

Its criminal and legislation needs to be introduced to prevent such profit making.

I work for the biggest provider outside of the NHS

The reforms in the US health care system pointed towards alternative outlets for business, the pharmaceutical companies who back such business will end up where?

The Americans are coming, is it such a bad thing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.