NHS Privatised behind our backs?

whp.blue said:
Tim of the Oak said:
whp.blue said:
Clearly they never included Germany in that survey

Several years ago my frail mother in law tripped in Germany breaking both of her wrists , she was in a Village about the size of Cheadle, she was taken to a local clinic type place that did A&E and had several operating theatres
she was operated on later that day and they fitted Two plates (Titanium I think) into her wrists. she was discharged a few days later with a letter written to her local Hospital back in Manchester.

When she got home she was sent to the MRI who were amazed because at the time a massive City Hospital like the MRI stated they couldn't do that operation and certainly would not have been able the make the plates from stock held in the Hospital.

So compared to the German system the NHS was like a third world country.

I am glad to hear that your Mother in Law got such great care in Germany. However. A sample of one is not very comprehensive

I agree Germany has a good health service and I know a German doctor, who also rates the NHS.

It wasn't meant to be a statement of how good they were just how much more advanced they were even local small village Hospitals were more advance than our Big City Hospitals

The NHS for all the money ploughed into it isn't actually that good value for money wise.

This works both ways though. I was on holiday in Austria some years ago and one of the guests at the hotel fell ill. The local doctor refused to see her because it was a bank holiday. If that happened here it would be in the Sun and the Daily Mail.

It is very difficult to generalise on very small samples. For example, Manuel
Neuer is a better goal keeper than Joe Hart but that doesn't make Joe a third World player (or the Premier League third world either).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.