NHS & Specsavers.

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
Thought I would share my fantastic service I had yesterday.

In Sunday night I started to get black dots and like little hairs floating a cross my vision in my right eye. I put it down to being tied and getting old !.

Went to work Monday and my eye was find but mention it in passing to a work colleague. She said her mother in law had that and I should see someone asap !. I did a quick check on Google and it said the same.

Phoned up my local vision Express who said phone Specsavers.
As I was in town I went to specsavers who couldn't do anything in their branch. They took my details and symptoms and promised to phone back before the end of the day.

I was offered a medical examination at 9:30 Tuesday ( yesterday ) which I took. The optician found a slight breed and rip in my retina. He phoned up the hospital who said if I could get to Ashford by 1pm ( an hours drive ) they could see me.

I got there before 1pm and was seen. They confirmed a slight bleed and tear in my retina. I was offered come back at 5:30pm and we can to a lazer surgery and repair the damage.

Went back for 5:30pm had a little wait than they carried out the laser surgery. All went well no real pain.

I just wanted to say what fantastic service I received from specsavers and the NHS. Thanks .

Also if you see and bright lights or dark spots or shapes in your eyes dont waste time. Get to see someone asap. It could become very serious very quickly.

So glad you followed the advice and sought help and that you got top rate service. Trust your vision is now back to normal

Yes its amazing, its was ok within minutes of the surgery, a little sore but nothing really.
Truly amazing what they can do nowadays.
In fact my eye sight feels better than ever.

I am a big fan of Specsavers. I believe in supporting local businesses where I can so when I had a problem I went to my local independent optician. To test my eyes he kept manually I inserting lenses into the gizmo, 'is that better or worse' etc. It took that long I couldnt really tell.
I went to Specsavers, fully automated state of the art equipment. It was a doddle.

Last November Specsavers found a macular hole in my retina.
They referred me to Manchester eye hospital for a second opinion.

I’m still waiting…

I’m still waiting…
Without googling is that bad ? The hole I mean. The wait time is just wrong but good on Speccys for finding it. I haven't tried the other big brands as I am so impressed with Specsavers I haven't gone anywhere since. The staff seem well trained, are certainly knowledgeable and everything is bang upto date.

I’m still waiting…
my 82 year old dad as had macular degeneration the last 3 to 5 years.
He has to have eye injection regularly,sounds awful but its helped him.
still driving etc

I thought my sight was getting worse managed to get appointment at Specsavers locally… test. Lady explained that she was making an urgent referal to hospital. Seen something on looking at my eye. I thought oh well it will be ages before I get a hospital appointment… next day got a phone call. Went to hospital the next day… another vision test, scan and it was found that I have a blood clot behind my eye. Retinal artery occlusion..been having courses of jabs in my eye. Just seen doctor again yesterday.. jabs were working then they left me to see if I still needed them. Test yesterday suggest I do need to keep having them unfortunately. Jab every 6 weeks.

I thought my sight was getting worse managed to get appointment at Specsavers locally… test. Lady explained that she was making an urgent referal to hospital. Seen something on looking at my eye. I thought oh well it will be ages before I get a hospital appointment… next day got a phone call. Went to hospital the next day… another vision test, scan and it was found that I have a blood clot behind my eye. Retinal artery occlusion..been having courses of jabs in my eye. Just seen doctor again yesterday.. jabs were working then they left me to see if I still needed them. Test yesterday suggest I do need to keep having them unfortunately. Jab every 6 weeks.
Jabs in your eye ! No, no just no. You have to watch some bloke approaching with a big fuck off needle!

But back to the thread. Specsavers know their stuff. I doubt my local place would spot half they do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.