Niall Quinn

Quinn didn’t ever want to play for City, he was with us under the orders of his ‘connected’ agent and under sufferance.
I know a guy who had a night on the lash with Quinn back in the day (in Manchester and then out to the 4 seasons at Hale).
He told me that Quinn was a good boozing partner, quite affable if a bit miserable and quite open about hating playing at City, saying that he went wherever his agent told him to go and had no choice in the matter.

You can understand it because ‘back in the day’ the Irish football agents, and indeed many other businesses, were generally connected to paramilitary organisations of one hue or the other and definitely not to be messed with.
I’ve no problem with Quinn having a downer on City because he always had a downer on City and never tried to hide it.
What pisses me off is that the media, knowing full well that he’s an ex-blue with a negative attitude to the club, wheel him out to have a bite at us whenever they can while the 99% of ex-Blues who adore the club are readily avoided owing to their positivity.
I never knew this but it could explain a lot. I did read his autobiography many years ago and think I recall him being reluctant to leave Arsenal and come to City but thought is was more about him growing up in a youth team with the likes of Adams, Roscastle, Thomas, Merson etc. and wanting to play in the Tarquin's first team with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.