Nice Milner write-up in Guardian

milner is a top top player whilst he is not wasted on the right his best position is central midfield,given a run of games in the middle we would see the best of him,hes got one of the best engines in the country and i reckon he would chip in a good few goals to boot,i think he has been treated harshly by mancini when it comes to selection.............. viva milner !

M18CTID said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Milner is an incredibly underrated player by so many and that includes plenty of our own fans.

He's a fantastic player IMO. He's not just a reliable workhorse either - he can also be very skilful. Witness the reverse pass to Zabaleta at home to Villarreal in the Champions League last season as the clock was ticking down and we'd seemingly run out of ideas. That pass opened things up for us to score the winning goal when all seemed lost.

Spot on. Also his interplay with Silva/Balo at $old Trafford in the demolition derby.

ChicagoBlue said:
James Milner's hard graft can be England's trump card

Milner is no water career. He is a star. But one who is content to allow others to walk the red carpet

Water career?

Wtf is a water career?

quiet_riot said:
ChicagoBlue said:

Milner is no water career. He is a star. But one who is content to allow others to walk the red carpet

Water career?

Wtf is a water career?

I think he means water carrier? Pretty rubbish writing.

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
quiet_riot said:
ChicagoBlue said:

Water career?

Wtf is a water career?

I think he means water carrier? Pretty rubbish writing.

Horrendous.

Milner is a great pro and stands in stark contrast to the ever increasing amount of dickheads we seem to be getting in british football. It's a shame the fact he's so selfless is both his greatest asset and also the reason he's often overlooked and berated. He has no complaint covering Glen Johnson when he runs out of position which is a great trait but is also never appreciated, glad to see an article addressing this though.

I do wish he'd occasionally try something a bit more reckless as I know he's got the ability to do it but it's just not in his nature to do such things, he's all about helping the team not his own ego.

I'm always happy when I see him in our lineup.

M18CTID said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Milner is an incredibly underrated player by so many and that includes plenty of our own fans.

He's a fantastic player IMO. He's not just a reliable workhorse either - he can also be very skilful. Witness the reverse pass to Zabaleta at home to Villarreal in the Champions League last season as the clock was ticking down and we'd seemingly run out of ideas. That pass opened things up for us to score the winning goal when all seemed lost.
And the run on Silva's blind side for Mario's second at the Swamp last season.Most players wouldn't have even seen that gap.

58 appearances out of 76 in two years hardly a bench warmer as the press would love to convey along with the TV pundits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.