Nicolás Otamendi - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long season in prospect. They’ll all get plenty of games. If they all stay fit, that is.

He'll play plenty and the fact he's not on international duty will probably play alongside Laporte against Fulham to battle Mitrovic in the air.

John was lacking confidence,Kompany was unreliable with injury and Laporte was finding his feet.Its my opinion that all 3 have overcome their problems and have now overtaken him in terms of selection.
That's no slant on Otamendi,as I think he's a brilliant option,we just happen to be spoilt at present.

Might be anathema to some, but I rate Otamendi probably more thank Kompany, not above the other two though, mind you.

Might be anathema to some, but I rate Otamendi probably more thank Kompany, not above the other two though, mind you.
I agree with this. Albeit, I admit their are some things Kompany does better than all 3. He really is 4 choice for me.

Stones & Laporte are young, play the ball out very well and Pep probably views them as the future partnership for years to come....

Do feel we are going to be vulnerable without Nico who was a beast last season, but feel he gets caught out a lot when we are pressed high up the pitch

Otto was probably our best defender last year , but the simple fact is we have four excellent centre backs , all of them comfortable on the ball and i wouldnt be surprised of Pep converted one of them to a defensive midfield role to give Dinho a breather.

John was lacking confidence,Kompany was unreliable with injury and Laporte was finding his feet.Its my opinion that all 3 have overcome their problems and have now overtaken him in terms of selection.
That's no slant on Otamendi,as I think he's a brilliant option,we just happen to be spoilt at present.
I think Otamendi is Peps no.1 choice he is just getting a rest he player a lot of games.

Where did he go? Best defender in the league last year and not seen him yet this year. Bit like Sane situation and worries me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.