Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 27 Jul 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Loves himself a bit too much for my liking,and as for the theatrics.....we can do without that shit.

Id be looking to introduce Laporte more,he has far more cultured and dependable last night.Him and Stones will be excellent given the opportunity.

2. Dax777

Dax777

The reaction to particular players is always interesting. Silva or Kev have a few poor games, and they are tired. Dihno has a few poor games, and it's because he is doing the work of muktmult players and gets no support. Otamendi and Sterling on the other hand? It's because they are inherently not good enough. :)

Amusing I tell yah.

3. Dax777

Dax777

Fuck me, Easy dropping knowledge like a rapper drops mics :)

4. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

I can accept the fact that some people don't like him and I won't be able to change your minds, but if Otamendi is too error-prone for your tastes then do you really think Stones or Laporte are any better?

5. nickamon

nickamon

Glad Otamendi is getting the recognition he deserves for a great season, made the PFA team of the year! Congrats!!!!

6. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Totally agree. Top player

7. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Awesome news. Happy for Nico.

8. mccity

mccity

I've had a lot of non-City fans tell me in the last couple of days that Otamendi doesn't deserve to be in the TOTS. Which just shows how crazily people can be affected by recency bias after a couple of admittedly weak performances in a row. They're the same kind of people who've forgotten just how GOOD KDB was in the first half of the season, when it mattered most to us.

Fully deserved. His defending (especially in the aggressive, high line sense) up until a month ago has been superb and people questioning that serve the purpose of reminding us that many football fans have the inability to analyze matters beyond the recent past.

9. Dax777

Dax777

They probably heard it from City fans. :( A good portion of our fans probably agree with them. But it's hard to hate on your player when he makes TOTY. :)

10. mccity

mccity

Well just wait until the next error he makes, I'm sure people will forget :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.