Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as I’ve seen in a one vs one situation during any season we’ve played in the PL.

Of course he’s a better all round defender than some of the dross from the bad old days but goodness me, I don’t recall many, if any, being this bad one on one.

It’s more annoying that some of the time all he needs to do is stand up to the attacker instead of going to ground and he’d win the ball back. He must be our least intelligent player by far.

One of the most telling points from yesterday was that Wolves seemed to target him instead of Fernandinho.

If you were a football coach you would be mad not to. Put your quickest player near Otamendi and just tell him to run at him. He had cut most of this diving in out but it has crept back in and it’s in full flow now! Otamendi has no competition for the foreseeable future due to Peps reluctance to
play any of the younger players and this reflects in his performances. Poor player. Cost us the game at Norwich and contributed to that yesterday albeit in a side full of average and shite performances.

Daft question and a bit pathetic, but when you play manager mode on Fifa 2019, of FM, who doesn't go and replace Otamendi, Gundogan, Mahrez and Zinchenko?

Truly awful yesterday and truly awful all season.
I'd rather play with 10 men than this absolute fucking liability.

Yesterday was the final straw. Barring a decent season in the 100 point year he's been utter shite. He looks the part when we are 3-0 up when the pressure is on he reverts to type jumping into tackles and basically panicking. This guy is a 30 odd year old international who needs his hand holding by someone alongside him! And yet another instance of getting rewarding with a ridiculously long contract for doing next to nothing!

Time to give Garcia a go, next to Fern, or next to Rodri with Fern back in midfield.

An absolute fucking clown. Probably cost us the league already with that brain fart against norwich and the absolute horror show yesterday
No doubt the Ota haters will all like this post, but if you feel we have lost the league already due to one person, then you have a lot to learn about what constitutes a team game. I'm not defending his performances of late, and I get people are still raw about the game, but to suggest one player has cost us the league is somewhat OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.