Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is what partnerships are all about but vinny was the leader of the two,lets say vinny left and Lescott had to lead mangala,carnage

I’m not disputing a difference in quality between the two, but to say Lescott was, or would have been shit without Vinny isn’t correct.

And to say Vinny lead Mangala wouldn’t be much near the truth. I doubt the statistics say they played that much together during their both injury blighted spells throughout that period and our relative lack of success through 2015-2017

I’m not disputing a difference in quality between the two, but to say Lescott was, or would have been shit without Vinny isn’t correct.

And to say Vinny lead Mangala wouldn’t be much near the truth. I doubt the statistics say they played that much together during their both injury blighted spells throughout that period and our relative lack of success through 2015-2017
I was using mangala as an example of a player down the pecking order that suddenly finds himself thrust into the team,that is what's happened to nico and why i'm not getting on his back,i wasn't talking about actual vinny with mangala playing time
I don't believe that lescott could lead a defence without vinny,i like him a lot but he was no leader

Disappointed at all the negative stuff re. Nico.
He himself will know hie errors against Wolves . Going to ground too easily for their first goal or whatever. But no one had a great game.
Mahrez giving ball away. Serge shooting wide when should have scored.

It's a team game. No individual should shoulder the blame. We will lose games that's football. No knee jerk stuff please. If Liverpool finally win premier league then so what . This group at city have been immense. Their place in folklore secure.

Wolves were superb . Fair play.
On another note Nico and Serge are great mates away from the pitch. Get Nico moved on some scream! That would leave our Serge even more isolated away from football. Remember the Amazon documentary .......there are so many dynamics to take into account when building something great.

#nicoalwaysablue.
#truesupporters.

Feel a bit sorry for Otamendi.. he's coming to the end of his time with City but don't underestimate his contribution to our success whilst he's been with us.
He has always lacked a bit of pace and has a tendency of going to ground too easily but he has been a major part in our development and should be afforded a little bit more respect than what he cops for ..

I don't rate Otamendi however the problem is just not with him. When our press is effective and dynamic he's not as exposed. But recently we've not been as aggressive with our press and coupled with his tendency to go to ground it leaves our defence massively overloaded

Just watching a replay of the Wolves game and his 'defending' sticks out like a sore thumb

5th minute - Flys out to try and cut the ball off in midfield, misses, as a result Dinho has to try and chase down Cutrone who goes in on goal

19th minute - Loose long pass from Mahrez back to goal is intercepted by Jimenez. Otamendi one on one with Jimenez, with Dinho quickly closing in support, Otamendi instead dives in & goes to ground, missing. Dinho required to produce two blocks to stop shot on goal

22nd minute - Otamendi attempts long back pass to Dinho, intercepted by Jimenez again. Dinho has to chase down and manages to restrict Jimenez's space to stop a shot on goal

80th minute - Cancelo dallies around in the opposition half losing the ball, causing Jimenez to break fast. Two on two situation with other City players coming back in support, instead Otamendi's brain explodes as he dives in again, misses, that creates two on one with Dinho. Jimenez squares the ball to Traore, goal

94th minute - Wolves break and Otamendi no where to be seen. Ball goes through to Traore who outpaces Dinho, scores

And those are pretty much all the main chances Wolves had.

If that doesn't scream liability, I don't know what does. Every time, Otamendi screws up, Dinho has to try and salvage.

Just watching a replay of the Wolves game and his 'defending' sticks out like a sore thumb

5th minute - Flys out to try and cut the ball off in midfield, misses, as a result Dinho has to try and chase down Cutrone who goes in on goal

19th minute - Loose long pass from Mahrez back to goal is intercepted by Jimenez. Otamendi one on one with Jimenez, with Dinho quickly closing in support, Otamendi instead dives in & goes to ground, missing. Dinho required to produce two blocks to stop shot on goal

22nd minute - Otamendi attempts long back pass to Dinho, intercepted by Jimenez again. Dinho has to chase down and manages to restrict Jimenez's space to stop a shot on goal

80th minute - Cancelo dallies around in the opposition half losing the ball, causing Jimenez to break fast. Two on two situation with other City players coming back in support, instead Otamendi's brain explodes as he dives in again, misses, that creates two on one with Dinho. Jimenez squares the ball to Traore, goal

94th minute - Wolves break and Otamendi no where to be seen. Ball goes through to Traore who outpaces Dinho, scores

And those are pretty much all the main chances Wolves had.

If that doesn't scream liability, I don't know what does. Every time, Otamendi screws up, Dinho has to try and salvage.

This is all getting fucking boring now. Yes he had a mare and so did everyone else. That game was a week ago and still so called fans still want to pile in on him.

This is all getting fucking boring now. Yes he had a mare and so did everyone else. That game was a week ago and still so called fans still want to pile in on him.
Is the correct answer.. Like I said, this will probably be his last season for us. For me, he's earned a bit more respect than what he gets.. If Eric and John were 100% fit then he wouldn't be playing every week and thus wouldn't be the fall guy when we have an off day The team wins or loses for me, it gets a bit shitty when individuals get dug out, especially the same ones..

Is the correct answer.. Like I said, this will probably be his last season for us. For me, he's earned a bit more respect than what he gets.. If Eric and John were 100% fit then he wouldn't be playing every week and thus wouldn't be the fall guy when we have an off day The team wins or loses for me, it gets a bit shitty when individuals get dug out, especially the same ones..
Nail on head but sadly some unable to realise this and always need to blame someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.