Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a mistake not to sell him in the last window and bring in a better CB. Doubt we'll entertain a sale in Jan unfortunately. Judging by what we just saw against Palace, Rodri is probably better than him too atm.

To be fair, he apparently only wanted to move under certain conditions and they didn’t materialise. That made it very difficult for the club to go ahead and replace/oust him.

Hope he gets dropped for the next game. Ferna and Stones as CB pairing please. Get them a run of games before we go to Anfield. Pretty certain they'll tesr him a new one if he's out there then!!

Don’t think I’d trust a Stones at Anfield any more than I would Nico..

After his last inept performance I couldnt believe the incompetence of him sliding in unnecessarily soon after coming on last night. Enough is enough, hope we don’t see him play again.

After his last inept performance I couldnt believe the incompetence of him sliding in unnecessarily soon after coming on last night. Enough is enough, hope we don’t see him play again.
Yeah he has reverted back to how he was when he first arrived. Has to be sold next summer at latest.

With Rodri's injury unfortunately we are going to have to rely on him again, we need that transfer window to sort this out.

With Rodri's injury unfortunately we are going to have to rely on him again, we need that transfer window to sort this out.

Would honestly really rather prefer that Garcia plays, unless it's in the League Cup. From what we have seen of him this season, and given our position relative to the Dippers, it would be an enormous risk to play him in the League

As long as Rodri is injured I would expect Dinho to share DM workload with Ilkay,
while Stones and Otamendi care about central defence.

I think we won't be busy in the winter window as we first have to get players out to free a squad place,
like maybe Leroy or David in summer before signing new players.

We will struggle to challenge for the title or champions league with our current defence. Otamendi is rash and caught out too often. Stones, although only back from injury, looked like he was wearing lead boots. The pair of them are far too slow and fragile for a team to challenge for trophies. With Rodri out we need Ferny to play in DM really. Throw Mendy in and how easy he gets turned and Anfield is a real worry already.

Hopefully Pep can sort the issue out. Against a better team our performance at the back on Tuesday could have cost us the game.

We will struggle to challenge for the title or champions league with our current defence. Otamendi is rash and caught out too often. Stones, although only back from injury, looked like he was wearing lead boots. The pair of them are far too slow and fragile for a team to challenge for trophies. With Rodri out we need Ferny to play in DM really. Throw Mendy in and how easy he gets turned and Anfield is a real worry already.

Hopefully Pep can sort the issue out. Against a better team our performance at the back on Tuesday could have cost us the game.
Mendy was fine at anfield last year he isnt the problem for us right now its our two main fit cbs.

It's a good job we didn't have to rely on him when we broke 100 points or in the season where we won a domestic treble... Oh hang on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.