Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people seem to have forgotten that that's how he plays in 95% of his games... I'd rather a defender who's almost always great and occasionally makes a howler than a defender who's average almost every single match.
Hes been dire this season bar this match.

A lot of his issues this season have been down to midfield errors - selling him short with a back pass or leaving him exposed. When the team plays well as a unit, he is solid.
He's one of those that when we look good he's great, but when we're shaky he's heart-attack inducing. He plays a risky front-line style which combined with our style means he's either sweeping everything and anything up or constantly falling on his arse making a dunce out of himself.

We've had problems this season and he's not the guy we need right now in that sense. But in 2 months when I reckon our form will be back and hopefully Laporte is getting back into the team we'll see the best out of Nico again.

On a separate note, I want to clear up 2 things I see often with Otamendi:

1) He's a red card waiting to happen - He isn't. He's been sent off once for us; a double booking in that game against Schalke + VAR going up against him. Much like the rest of our often booked players over the years (Kompany, Fernandinho in particular), he's mature enough to avoid the red.
2) He's a penalty waiting to happen - He isn't. I may be wrong bu I can only recall one penalty given away. Funnily enough it's that one against Schalke + VAR again. He does have a habit of diving in recklessly, but to his credit (if this warrants it) he almost never does it inside the area.

A lot of the other things said about him are right though, unfortunately.

I said he should play today,a risk but he will chuck himself at the ball,none of this turnng sideways bollocks,i'm looking at you today angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.