Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a level below everyone else these days IMO

Was brilliant in the Centurions season but he’ll never be that good again and even moreso than his defending his passing is so erratic.

Just hope he gets a bit of consistency and it doesn’t cost us.

Gone back to his old ways, I think he’s spending far too much time worrying about Fernandinho. Rash tackles, sliding in for no reason and generally quite erratic play. Alongside Kompany or Laporte he was fine but won’t be around after next summer I don’t think. Either Garcia or THB can hopefully step up or we will go into the market.

The problem with Otamendi is he is not a natural leader and needs someone like Vinny next to him to have a reasonable game. The defence really looks ropey at times currently and we are going to have to score a lot of goals to be sure of the wins. Can’t see many 1-0’s this season.

The only reason Otto is starting at the moment is his aerial ability , which isnt brilliant but better than most of our vertically challenged team , Garcia has to be given a chance now his reading of the game and control will prevent a lot of dead ball situations coming to fruition for our opponents. Otto is a liability diving in committing fouls in dangerous areas and picking up stupid bookings. Its definitely his last season.

I'd like to see Garcia start with Nico. Garcia has the intangibles that Nico does not. I think they can compliment each other decently enough. Garcia can lead and organize the line, freeing up Nico a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.