Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to buy in January as much as I like Otto he has been shown to be a weak link.
If we buy in January it won't be Nico that loses his place, it will just mean Fernie going back to midfield and Garcia going back to the eds and then back to Barcelona if we then buy another centre half in the summer.

If we buy in January it won't be Nico that loses his place, it will just mean Fernie going back to midfield and Garcia going back to the eds and then back to Barcelona if we then buy another centre half in the summer.

If the right CB is available this January. I think Pep will sign him. I think Otamendi will leave next summer anyway. If we sign a CB this January. We won't sign one in the summer.

The only reason Otto is starting at the moment is his aerial ability , which isnt brilliant but better than most of our vertically challenged team , Garcia has to be given a chance now his reading of the game and control will prevent a lot of dead ball situations coming to fruition for our opponents. Otto is a liability diving in committing fouls in dangerous areas and picking up stupid bookings. Its definitely his last season.
His diving in challenges are very frustrating and more often than not lead to conceding free kicks in dangerous areas. Whilst Stones is far from perfect, when he gets fit Otamendi needs to be dropped to the bench.

I'm beginning to notice a trend with you.... Zinchencko, Dihno, and Ota' not good enough. Hmmm?
So you think we have squad that is impossible to improve upon? Also I never said Fernandinho is not good enough, learn to read first.

Zinchenko, Otamendi and Gundogan are our weakest players, you don't have to be genius to work that out.

So you think we have squad that is impossible to improve upon? Also I never said Fernandinho is not good enough, learn to read first.

Zinchenko, Otamendi and Gundogan are our weakest players, you don't have to be genius to work that out.

It isn't impossible to improve upon but it is sometimes impossible to share two world class players in certain positions, take left back or right back for example, unless they are rotating every other game one of them is going to get pissed off, this is were the likes of Zinchenko come in as they are less likely to cause a huge fuss being rotated about but are good enough to come in and do the job required.

Otamendi is at that stage where he now wants to play more as he knows it is all coming to an end, he will go back to Spain and be a number 1 CH for somebody and spend 3 or 4 more years at it.

Gundy wouldn't be my first choice at City but again he hasn't created a huge scene when not in the team and is a capable back up to Fernie but Rodri has come in and usurped them both and has become the new number DM at the club, we will see if Fernie will be happy to be the first rotation option at 33yo, this could still be 25+ games.

Am I the only one who thinks it's incredibely daft to let him go off on international duty. I know he's not one to pick up a knock or injury very easily but he's 31 and we need him right now ffs.

Am I the only one who thinks it's incredibely daft to let him go off on international duty. I know he's not one to pick up a knock or injury very easily but he's 31 and we need him right now ffs.

I don't think the club "let him" go to play for his country. As a current international if he is picked he goes and there is nothing we can do about it. I know bacon face used to get his players to feign injury dodge friendlies but hopefully we are better than that.

The only time we could justify discouraging a player to join his international squad is if he is coming back from an injury and playing may jepardize his rehabilitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.