Nigel De Jong.

C_T_I_D

Mark my words, he'll be very harshly treated this coming season for his "tackle" on Xabi Alonso and refs will be biased and hold no hesitate in booking him unfairly in my opinion and given his "playing style" I think it opens up the chance for refs to sort of clamp down on his effectiveness for us so to speak.

Does anyone feel the same way and hold this fear about him?

Probably, as soon as DJ gets a yellow he may as-well be subbed, too. Big part of his game is slide tackles, he usually times them brilliantly, but when he gets on a yellow he tends to shy away from doing them as often, tends to become a bit of a passenger.

Personally Im not sure he will be in the team that much anyway, with yaya, barry, viera and milner (once we sign him).

Bench or sold. I saw him play a forward pass in the WC Final but then I realised he had tripped over the ball.

I've got no problem with De Jong - but if we can field someone better in that role then so be it. Step forwards Mr Yaya Toure.

NDJ definitely deserves to start ahead of Vieira, though. I'm almost happier with Platt as a Coach than that Lad taking one of the 24 places in the Squad.

Why should he get a bad time, the press, sky and the world went easy on tranny 4 years ago with that shrek incident, oh yeah sky dont like us. Seriousy though, there has been far worse tackles swept under the carpet than Jongies

C_T_I_D said:
Mark my words, he'll be very harshly treated this coming season for his "tackle" on Xabi Alonso and refs will be biased and hold no hesitate in booking him unfairly in my opinion and given his "playing style" I think it opens up the chance for refs to sort of clamp down on his effectiveness for us so to speak.

Does anyone feel the same way and hold this fear about him?

No! But well done on the Drama Queen thread!

Keep saying he doesn't play a forward pass long enough and the sheep on here will start to believe it.
Instead of a family stand there should be a F*nny Stand where all the moaners can sing and shout about "tracking back", "sideways passes", "getting the ball in the box" and of course "Who's that to?"
One of the best defensive midfielders in the game, World Cup Finalist, a bit of steel at last in our jellyfish midfield and peope on here actually want him out - ffs!

I'll be expecting the same kind of harsh refereeing as last season.
e.g Bellamy sent off for being fouled, Hull getting a penalty for nothing are just 2 I clearly remember.

We are without doubt gonna be a marked team all round - dont think for one minute it will NDJ alone.

As said previously he will feature less and less anyway but so what - BRING IT ON

Been supporting the lads since 68 therefore no ref, player, manager, fan can give me more shite than Ive had all this time waiting for it too happen and it will. Might not be this year or next but were getting a god damn deal closer.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.