Nike to make Kits

I don't like Nike either but even if our kit had a bloody hammer and sickle on it I'd wear our colours with pride.

really enjoyed some of the umbro retro stuff ie mercer jacket and some of the training gear which leads me onto can anybody else picture the round badge on a retro nike top ....i cant it just smacks WRONG WRONG WRONG

LoveCity said:
I don't like Nike either but even if our kit had a bloody hammer and sickle on it I'd wear our colours with pride.

The hammer and sickle would make a difference for me<br /><br />-- Fri May 04, 2012 9:39 pm --<br /><br />
TCIB said:
Rascal said:
I hate Nike.

Never owned anything of theres never will.

Cunts

This ^^

Another thing we agree on mate :p

Dunno why i just prefere Adidas stuff. Never really liked the garish styling on most of their trainers also.

Why can't we just stick with Umbro ? they have been making some belting kits. Basically it ain't broke so don't fix it.

I did have a hoody but the ex went all fatal attraction and binned 2 grands worth of my gear (woman). So i am with Rascal, own nothing by nike now.

Its a bit wierd, but i am beginning to like you

Well this is obviously a move to appeal to the world market, where the Nike brand will encourage people to buy our shirts simply because they are Nike.
However I really like what Umbro have been doing for us - the effort that they seem to put in. I may not have liked this season's shirt that much, but it is still a million times better in style and quality than anything Reebok or Le Coq ever did - and much better than virtually every other English team.
I've just been trawling Footballshirtculture, looking at the new Nike offerings for the Euros this summer - and can't say i'm impressed!
Hopefully, if Nike do own Umbro, they can just let them carry on designing our kits and just slap the Nike logo on instead of Umbro!

Re: City and nike

Pigeonho said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:
This years Arsenal one, (about to come out), is good but I can't think of many Nike kits that have been good. This years horror show that is the tartan United one, I mean what the fuck?!!
Hope they do better ones for us. That said though, it is just a kit I suppose.

I was thinking they dont really do blue kits though. Most of the teams they do are red unless someone knows of a team they do that wears sky blue like us
I'm sure Lazio have had Nike kits...

Lazio are Puma, but the kit is top notch

5868597438_5ab6d31a95_z.jpg

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
So much sentiment about Umbro kits!!.....Yes they have been nice but fuck me.....How many city players have you seen wearing umbro trainers or boots?...Yes I know JH wears the goalkeeping boots made by umbro but I wouldnt be seen dead in umbro gear be it mancunian or not.I don't wear Nike because I prefer Adidas but that's because I like the retro stuff...

Sorry but apart from the classy kit from 2 yrs ago I really am not bothered. Haven't worn a football kit for over 15 years so I don't have to worry about the cost. For me it's all great business sense to stick 2 fingers up an Platini because he can go go kiss citys hairy arse!!

Ask Tiger what he thinks of Nike!

David Silva wears Umbro boots, so if they're good enough for one of the world's top players

The Pink Panther said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
So much sentiment about Umbro kits!!.....Yes they have been nice but fuck me.....How many city players have you seen wearing umbro trainers or boots?...Yes I know JH wears the goalkeeping boots made by umbro but I wouldnt be seen dead in umbro gear be it mancunian or not.I don't wear Nike because I prefer Adidas but that's because I like the retro stuff...

Sorry but apart from the classy kit from 2 yrs ago I really am not bothered. Haven't worn a football kit for over 15 years so I don't have to worry about the cost. For me it's all great business sense to stick 2 fingers up an Platini because he can go go kiss citys hairy arse!!

Ask Tiger what he thinks of Nike!

David Silva wears Umbro boots, so if they're good enough for one of the world's top players

Silva wears Adidas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.