Niki Lauda RIP

Great driver who was given last rites after an horrific crash. One of my sporting heroes. Got a signed framed print of him in my house. RIP.

Drove in an era when motor racing was enjoyable to watch with great drivers?? RIP remarkable man

Cant believe this, Lauda was invincible I remember that season when he had the crash like yesterday. that was the first time Formula 1 meant anything to me. His battles with James Hunt were the stuff of legend. James won the title in the end but who saw Lauda driving again that season? Not me that's for sure but despite his terrible injuries he did. That's just how competitive and brave he was. RIP Niki, I'm can say with certainty that James will have a glass or two of Champagne waiting for you.

A brave man and a great F1 driver. The film Rush gave a terrific insight into the kind of focused bloke he was.

I'm not really into motorsports at all but after watching Rush - I was very intrigued by him (unusual for me as I would normally show interest in the James Hunt character type).

Anyway read his book and whilst it's not the greatest read, I enjoyed it as it was something at the forefront of my mind at the time.

The mental and physical strength to get back in a race car circa 6 weeks after that level of trauma is remarkable and tells you all you need to know about how highly he features in the world of sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.