nintendo wii

well chuffed as my lad already had a nintendo wi-fi usb connector to play on line with his ds and the wii has tuned wi-fi from that....excellent

stonie mate...nip down to pcworld tommoz...they are doing deals on the netgear wireless router at the moment

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/558568 i use this router hard-wired into my pc, it has 6 wired ports (ethernet) and the wireless too., plus you get the added usb adaptor if you want to use a pc upstairs.

i have my pc hard-wired, and use the wireless for my laptop, kids x-box & kids playstation.

it's dead easy setting up the wireless network....open up your internet explorere and type 192.168.0.1 (this is the router ip), it will ask for a user name/password, which as default are admin (user name) & password (password)...this will now log into your router set up.

on the left hand menu, click on wireless settings (under setup)..this opens up another screen, like this >>>>

at the top, change the network Name (SSID) to say something like stonie-network, this is the name of your network and when you search for your network in the future you can find it easier.

Enable wirelss access needs to be ticked (this turns the wireless on/off) & broadcast name needs to be ticked (this is so it will show the name stonie-network).

Now make sure WEP is ticked in the security settings

and in the bottom section, make sure authentication type is automatic and encryption strength is set to 128bit....

now you can either click generate key (make sure you make a note of this as you will need it for the wii setup) or in key 1 section you can enter your own key.

Now click save/apply.

Now go to your nitendo wii and search for network....find the network (as you previously named it) and click connect...it will now ask you for the key (as previously set)...enter key and click ok...it should now connect to wireless network (it shouldnt need to have the mac address set in wireless settings)...if it asks you to remember the settings, click yes so you dont have to reconnect and enter passkey everytime.

With some routers, i.e. BT routers the key is already set and is written on a label underneath the router....with these types you simply connect the router to the net and turn wireless on...then search for network through your Wii, when it finds it and asks for a key...just enter the key on the bottom of the router.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.