No Babies for a year.

We need to control the population and im not sure what the answer is, i do question why we keep so many people alive who given the choice would sooner die due to incapacity or poor quality of life. We could ask why do we spend so much time and resource keeping Peado and murderers alive. People like Brady, Huntley, Whiting etc...

Is there an scenario where we give a financial incentive to be sterilised after having a certain number of kids?

As i say, no idea what the answer is but I guess if we go too far down the line then mother nature will take care of things anyway.
The only answers that would actually work are all too terrible to be considered. The reality is we probably need to cull the elderly and the infirm, but that's obviously not a genuine possibility, you'd hope. (although you never know, China managed to implement the one child policy maybe they'll implement a "reach 80 and we melt you down for glue" policy)

The only answers that would actually work are all too terrible to be considered. The reality is we probably need to cull the elderly and the infirm, but that's obviously not a genuine possibility, you'd hope. (although you never know, China managed to implement the one child policy maybe they'll implement a "reach 80 and we melt you down for glue" policy)
Watch the film Soylent Green

1 year would do pretty much nothing to be honest. We need to get to the point where no family feels the need for more than 2, maybe 3. The poorer countries have 7-8 to make sure 1-2 survive needs to end. The religious bullshit against contraception needs to stop. Catholics having 4/5/6 kids because they think condoms are a sin is wrong.

We should mathematically max out at about 10bn on the planet.

In light of the ever increasing human population and all the problems that brings to the planet, would a 1 year moratorium on childbirth for all countries be a good idea in your opinion ?

I know its probably impossible but what effect would it have, good or bad ?
Lol.

a limit on how many you can have is not the worst idea in the world.

never understand why people who are struggling and can’t afford it as it is carry on for 4,5,6…

In light of the ever increasing human population and all the problems that brings to the planet, would a 1 year moratorium on childbirth for all countries be a good idea in your opinion ?

Depends on where you apply. Not really needed in England where for a population increase you effectively need 3 kids per family.

Something has to give.

Even with a worldwide pandemic, the human population has increased by around 130,000,000 since COVID started.

2037 would be an easy year for me, as there would be no Year 11s to take exams haha

My idea in the past was that - just like to be able to work with kids - you should have to pass a DBS Check to be able to have kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch the film Soylent Green
Loguns run and renewal at the Carousel .. it's really is the only way forward as dithering old people can be such a nuisance factor in a fast paced world.

It's 2274, and on the surface, it all seems to be an idyllic society. Living in a city within an enclosed dome, there is little or no work for humans to perform, and inhabitants are free to pursue all of the pleasures of life. There is one catch however: your life is limited and when you reach thirty, it is terminated in a quasi-religious ceremony known as "carrousel". Some, known as "runners", try to escape their fate when the time comes, and it's the job of Sandmen to track them down and kill them. Logan (Michael York) is such a man, and with several years before his own termination date, thinks nothing of the job he does

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.