NO BLUE HEAVEN FOR ELANJO

If moths can "engineer" this that how come man does not grow his own teeth back like sharks, I hate going to the Dentist!.

Firstly, the moths didnt engineer anything, the environment (or even the birds eating them) caused the colour change, over a number of generations, the high reproductive rate of moths mean they produce many offspring, thus the effects are more rapid. This is also, why there are so many different insect species (not actual numbers) when compared to other animal groups, the rapid, numerous reproductions, make them better suited to change (when conditions vary) than other animals, and more genetic mutations, thus more species of them.

As for the second part, there is no real need for a human to grow teeth back, we have one set that roughly last the cause overall, perfectly evolved for their job, as ominvores we need razor and grinding teeth, which we do, if we were ripping flesh from animals with no other limbs, thus losing teeth due to the force we would be using, then most probably, we would have the teeth you crave, however, with no limbs we wouldnt be able to type very well... but you would be dentist free...

Bigga wrote:
And it shall remain 'ignored' as I'm "Yawn... really tiresome". I really am, apparently.
There, you win

I'm not surprised you grow weary Bigga. These chaps' understanding of the history of science is on a par with their understanding of the history of religions.

Kuhn, Popper and the rest might as well have not bothered.

johnny crossan said:
Bigga wrote:
And it shall remain 'ignored' as I'm "Yawn... really tiresome". I really am, apparently.
There, you win

I'm not surprised you grow weary Bigga. These chaps' understanding of the history of science is on a par with their understanding of the history of religions.

Copenhagen interpretation. That rules out Popper.

johnny crossan said:
Bigga wrote:
There, you win

How many questions have you 2 ignored in the past day or 2?
How about you answer the damn questions??

Hell, all you do is name drop or cut and paste (Appeal to Authority).

The problem with trying to undermine scientific method is that you are doing it from your well lit room on a computer connected to the internet which was all invented as a function of the scientific method.

No amount of prayer would invent a vacuum tube let alone a transistor. Look at the advancement of civilisation and now look at the regions that embraced scientific method compared to those that didn't. Who advanced man kinds knowledge and abilities more?

johnny crossan said:
Bigga wrote:
There, you win

And exactly how much of their stuff have you actually read?

Perhaps you could point me and us in the direction of some of their better work so we can be as enlightened as you so obviously are...?

Also was it you that said that Darwin's theory needs to stand up to the test of time like the Bible?

Interesting that you think the older the idea the better it is...

Seems like Newtonian Mechanics wasn't in need of Einstein's Theories of General and Special relativity... And Quantum mechanics is just plain daft isn't it for ironing out those sub-atomic anomalies... Don't know why Niels Bohr et al bothered, when Newton had it all sussed in the 17th Century!

After all what did E=mc² ever do for us that F=ma couldn't???

And then there's Newton... Why bother inventing the calculus when we got along just fine without it? After all it was God who set it all in motion just for the benefit of mankind who he created in his own image in less than a week... Why bother trying to understand it? Let's just glory in his masterpiece and not ask questions, let alone come up with solutions... What were we thinking???

Why try to understand the natural when it's far more faithful to believe in the supernatural?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.