No buses to Etihad tonight

I didn’t go last night but as a non driver, this situation with public transport is appalling.
I would expect an apology from the club to the fans but won’t hold my breath.
You have a game finishing at 10pm yet it looks like the club with its wealth and resources is making next to nil effort to support fans to get home in a reasonable time.
Yes of course the owners have put so much money into the club and we see us (yes, City) scoring 6 in the CL but for me and I think many others, the disconnect between the club and fans is starting to offset the glory on the pitch. We did not ask Sheikh Mansour for the investment and I wouldn’t swap the last 12 years for anything but I’m sorry -that investment and ownership comes with a responsibility.
The pandemic has shown us that if the will is there almost anything can be done. There’s no reason other than not giving a shit why ticketing, customer service, transport, prices etc cannot be improved.
We are a fan base who has been through a lot and still are nowadays with the vitriolic media campaign against City and deserve a lot better.
With this team and manager- the excitement of getting a ticket and going to the game should be a glorious experience and for too many, too often, that experience is tarnished.

It was a perfect storm of shitness last night. No trams or buses and driving is a nightmare. The cut through Beswick suburbia is much more difficult how it’s a building site, Alan Turing Way is a joke, Hyde Road is down to single lane just after where Showcase was etc.

I was still in Gorton at 10:45pm last night. Will have to do a proper plan for PSG at home.
Seriously, there were no trams last night?

Seriously, there were no trams last night?
There were - one for Ashton and an empty for the Etihad passed us as we walked back toward town, but nothing from the stadium going toward town. I just phoned Metrolink's number to ask why, and got “This person’s phone is switched off; please try later”. Still, not just us:

Metrolink drivers to strike on same days as Manchester United matches, Great Manchester Run and Manchester Marathon - Manchester Evening News

I'm not often wrong, but I'm right again. Things are no better in Church Lawton, even though the Tories lost control of the Council after their little corruption problems.

Government cuts Cheshire East road maintenance funding by £4 million | congleton.nub.news
I think if you check I wasn't commenting on Cheshire East, but just fyi I think they perform very poorly as well.

As regards you, well your an idiot that makes incorrect assumptions because you like to cause arguments, so its back on ignore for you. You will have to go and annoy someone else.

Last edited:
I think if you check I wasn't commenting on Cheshire East, but just fyi I think they perform very poorly as well.

As regards you, well your an idiot that makes incorrect assumptions because you like to cause arguments, so its back on ignore for you. You will have to go and annoy someone else.
So every council suffering Tory cuts is performing badly.

I don't really mind being ignored by someone who uses a thread about missing buses to slag off Andy Burnham for the state of roads for which he has no responsibility - then blames someone else for causing an argument.

Ludicrous isn’t it. I hope people didn’t get stuck on Mancunian way and Regents Road with the problems there. Absolute nightmare with one lane closed due to resurfacing.

Yea it’s ridiculous. The council and city should take full responsibility for it. Terrible transport in Manchester and outside the ground.

I could walk yesterday, but for anyone who can’t walk or struggles with long distances your screwed.

The temporary cycle lanes are a joke as well. Makes traffic jams 10x worse and they’re never cleaned, so are full of broken glass and shite, which means they’re not fit for cycling down. Which means cyclists have to use the car section. Cue arguments between people in cars and people on bikes.

(I’m a cyclist and a motorist.)

I suspect the whole thing is so the council can tick a box and say they’ve invested in X,Y,Z cycling infrastructure when all they’ve actually done is put some cones out and made a dangerous mess.
When you argue with yourself do you at least win the argument?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.