No buses to Etihad tonight

Yea it’s ridiculous. The council and city should take full responsibility for it. Terrible transport in Manchester and outside the ground.

I could walk yesterday, but for anyone who can’t walk or struggles with long distances your screwed.
We got to the ground at about 7.30pm and the roads around it were gridlocked with people trying to park close by. They then made the announcement with about 15 mins to go about buses not being free but when I got out there were no buses at all never mind free ones! It’s terrible for people with difficulty walking any distance. We got lucky with a space close to Piccadilly station and about 20/25 walk away but it’s definitely getting worse. Trains/Trams are no better either hence why people have to drive in. Last night whilst being enjoyable on the pitch, reminded me why I loathe night matches and I’m sure many others give it a swerve for this reason.

Get off the train at Ashburys and walk up to the stadium, for those who aren't capable of walking because of a condition must feel really left out by this.

Get off the train at Ashburys and walk up to the stadium, for those who aren't capable of walking because of a condition must feel really left out by this.

It's a fair old hike I've done it a few times. Why were there no trams last night?

There were - one for Ashton and an empty for the Etihad passed us as we walked back toward town, but nothing from the stadium going toward town. I just phoned Metrolink's number to ask why, and got “This person’s phone is switched off; please try later”. Still, not just us:

Metrolink drivers to strike on same days as Manchester United matches, Great Manchester Run and Manchester Marathon - Manchester Evening News

Was in the tram queue post match & wasn't too bad compared to previous visits. Nothing turned up until 22.10 (to Eccles), but right behind were extras to East Didsbury & Trafford Bar. Got on the Trafford Bar one at 22.20 after joining the queue at 22.00.

The buses from town have been a pain for some time, for the Norwich game the 231 took nearly an hour to get to the ground as was stuck at the pinch point where Burton arms used to be. Arsenal game wasn't much better. Waited 20 minutes on Piccadilly last night before a 216 arrived at half seven and just got in on time. Sure there are solutions but no doubt would cost money.

When I got on the Met at Martinscroft at tea time to head to the game, there was a message on the digital notice whatsanameit saying there was an unforeseen amount of driver sickness yesterday and there would be delays.

There were buses and trams I think but they were just the normal timetable. It was the football specials that were missing

The buses from town have been a pain for some time, for the Norwich game the 231 took nearly an hour to get to the ground as was stuck at the pinch point where Burton arms used to be. Arsenal game wasn't much better. Waited 20 minutes on Piccadilly last night before a 216 arrived at half seven and just got in on time. Sure there are solutions but no doubt would cost money.

The buses for some reason are now a nightmare. Everybody got off and walked against Arsenal as the traffic was barely moving and that was a good hour before kickoff.

It wasn't the buses causing gridlock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.