No buses to Etihad tonight

Get off the train at Ashburys and walk up to the stadium, for those who aren't capable of walking because of a condition must feel really left out by this.
A myth that it is close to the ground.
You are as well walking from Piccadilly as Ashburys.

A myth that it is close to the ground.
You are as well walking from Piccadilly as Ashburys.
Direct line distances are: Ashburys is about 0.8 miles, Piccadilly is about 1.2 miles, so it's at least a third closer although not close enough of course. I can't speak for the walking route and station facilities though as never done Ashburys.

I'd love them to re-build Park railway station - closed 1989 - which would be about the same 0.8 mile distance to the north east of the stadium and is on current service routes (eg Southport to Stalybridge). Even rebuilding Miles Platting would be better at 1 mile away than the 1.7 miles to Victoria. I don't think we'll see anything built on the line going down the west of the stadium until after HS2 and all this tram-train testing is complete so another ten years at least.

But talking about buses, I used to see football specials going through Radcliffe to Middlebrook for Bolton games, but I never see anything for City, even though from there the Etihad is closer. I wonder if there'd be demand for such buses (obviously when the driver shortage has gone).

all we ever do is stop / prevent / disrupt getting to the stadium. I cant remember last time i actually heard of an improvement.

good for the environment though hey

Direct line distances are: Ashburys is about 0.8 miles, Piccadilly is about 1.2 miles, so it's at least a third closer although not close enough of course. I can't speak for the walking route and station facilities though as never done Ashburys.

I'd love them to re-build Park railway station - closed 1989 - which would be about the same 0.8 mile distance to the north east of the stadium and is on current service routes (eg Southport to Stalybridge). Even rebuilding Miles Platting would be better at 1 mile away than the 1.7 miles to Victoria. I don't think we'll see anything built on the line going down the west of the stadium until after HS2 and all this tram-train testing is complete so another ten years at least.

But talking about buses, I used to see football specials going through Radcliffe to Middlebrook for Bolton games, but I never see anything for City, even though from there the Etihad is closer. I wonder if there'd be demand for such buses (obviously when the driver shortage has gone).
For many years their was a special bus from Ramsbottom/ Bury picking up on rote including Whitefield & Prestwich not sure if it still runs but was always full

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.