No buses to Etihad tonight

Couldn’t get a tram to the ground or after match. There weren’t any going back.

no buses either…. Nightmare trying to get back to town
Single trams so left before 6th goal to catch 22.07 from Picc caught the 22.35! and Pep asks why City don't fill the stadium FFS.

What a daft comment. Would you have a Tory mayor from the party that's presided over vast cuts to bus services?

Anyway, it looks like it was down to "miscommunication" between Stagecoach and the club...
Transport in Manchester is terrible. The roadworks are terrible, with little thought to users. The roads are terrible, try driving down Princess Parkway, the road surface (wearing course) has gone completely in many places and its been like this over 6 months! Litter everywhere.

Doesn't matter what party he represents Burnham is a joke of a major. Only interested in getting himself in the limelight.

Couldn’t get a tram to the ground or after match. There weren’t any going back.

no buses either…. Nightmare trying to get back to town

I must’ve waited half an hour for a tram after the game and I left early to get to the front of the queue (that’ll wind up some of the curtain twitching ‘how dare you leave a split second before the final whistle’ brigade on here I’m sure). Absolute joke.

Some poor lad in a wheelchair next to me gave up in the end and said he was going to try his luck getting a taxi or just push himself back into town.

Transport in Manchester is terrible. The roadworks are terrible, with little thought to users. The roads are terrible, try driving down Princess Parkway, the road surface (wearing course) has gone completely in many places and its been like this over 6 months! Litter everywhere.

Doesn't matter what party he represents Burnham is a joke of a major. Only interested in getting himself in the limelight.

The temporary cycle lanes are a joke as well. Makes traffic jams 10x worse and they’re never cleaned, so are full of broken glass and shite, which means they’re not fit for cycling down. Which means cyclists have to use the car section. Cue arguments between people in cars and people on bikes.

(I’m a cyclist and a motorist.)

I suspect the whole thing is so the council can tick a box and say they’ve invested in X,Y,Z cycling infrastructure when all they’ve actually done is put some cones out and made a dangerous mess.

What a daft comment. Would you have a Tory mayor from the party that's presided over vast cuts to bus services?

Anyway, it looks like it was down to "miscommunication" between Stagecoach and the club...
Thanks Andy la

Councils have lost over 50% of funding in a 10 year period - yet tax is as high as ever.

People voted for cuts to councils and complain when services get worse. Big Society.

Last edited:
It was a perfect storm of shitness last night. No trams or buses and driving is a nightmare. The cut through Beswick suburbia is much more difficult how it’s a building site, Alan Turing Way is a joke, Hyde Road is down to single lane just after where Showcase was etc.

I was still in Gorton at 10:45pm last night. Will have to do a proper plan for PSG at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.