No! City win the title and I left at 1-2!

Bluesiam

Team supported
Only City
I watched the "Games that shook the Etihad #10" a couple of nights ago. Unbelievable emotions all over again!

I wasn't there but could understand leaving in a way. It was absolutely the most gut wrenching experience ever for a City fan of 46 years and I'm sure for all of us. I felt like leaving my own living room!
The commentator mentioned quite a few had left the stadium. I'd love to hear your story if you were one of those who MISSED that unbelievable finale!

Bloke beside me left at 80 mins, like he does every time.

Don't understand leaving early, never will.

I stayed in a physical sense, but mentally I was shot to pieces, I left the game mentally after Mackie scored, thinking of how painful being a City fan is, thinking how I felt better about relegation to division 2, than I did at that moment in time.

It was the first time during "game time" I'd sat down all season, I reflected and kept praying for Sunderland to do us a favor. I missed the Dzeko goal with my head in my hands, I barely raised a cheer. Not even one powerful burst of "we never win at home, and we never win away", could budge me from this soul crushing torture.

It was when SWP broke away with the ball that I mentally re-entered the stadium, I felt a shiver go down my spine, there were goosebumps, and then under my breath I said "we're going to score here". There was the perfect and almost unnerving raising of the volume, right up to Sergio scoring.

I saw a couple of people leaving, one saying this was "worse than the torture of a season under Pearce" and a woman (I'd say late 50's) who was crying her eyes out, disbelieving, in agony, it was almost as if the world was ending. I didn't see them later on, and I'm sure they felt stupid for leaving, but maybe for some people it was to much to take.

Bloke behind me was shouting "you're all a fucking disgrace" but he's a tutting miserable bastard all season and I told him as much at the final whistle. Tbh though I don't think that many left. It wasn't like Gills at wembley.
Personally me and my mate were talking up to 90 minutes that if can just nick one we can still do this. I suppose the 1999 play experience will always give me hope...cue Dzecko...the rest as they say.....

My grandad leaves 5 minutes before the end to beat the rush if the game is already won. Important games like this though, I don't see any point in leaving

No sympathy for anyone who left. They missed the greatest single moment we'll ever experience. Nothing can or will ever better that.

I didn't leave but my emotions were up and down like a rollercoaster.

As usual, it was me, my wife and then 13-year old daughter. It was just too much for my wife and she went downstairs and watched the rest of the game on the screens.

For my daughter, this was probably the first time she had ever experienced a typical City moment. I can recall looking across at her and seeing an ashen face. I even said it would be typical of us to score and still lose the title, then up popped Edin. "Too bloody late" I said.

And then Sergio scored. Only my wedding and the birth of my 2 children have bettered the joy and ecstasy I was feeling at that precise moment. Only City could take you through such a change in emotions. "Where's your Mum, go and find your Mum!" At least I had my girl and my neighbours to share the moment with.

What I can say is that I have never left a match early and never will. If the title winning season has proved, this squad will never give in (or certainly not in that season).

There was a bloke on our row who left his seat with about 10 minutes to go. He didnt leave the stadium though, he just went up in to the concourse bit and sat up there leaning against the wall with his head in his hands! He said there were quite a few up there with him as well.

I didn't leave, but from when QPR scored their second all that was going though my head was "how am I going to survive the summer with those rag twats taking the piss"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.