No connection with the fans anymore.

My Dad would follow both teams but Utd a bit more as we lived very close to the swamp. First game I was taken to was them against Forest but I've always supported City.

As a few have said, it's not a new thing.

I remember seeing Bobby Charlton as a young kid by Lymm Dam back in the late '60's and being told to 'bugger off' when I asked him for his autograph.

Kevin Keegan was mortified when, as a kid, his footballing hero snubbed him, so when he grew up and became a star, he would always take time out to please as many people as he could.

Years ago I was invited to watch Villa play Chelsea. Lots of kids were in the corner where the players came onto the pitch in those days, and while most of them signed a few autographs and went on to the pitch to warm up, Gianfranco Zola spent a good twenty minutes or so chatting away and signing programmes.

It's an individual thing and some are happy with the attention, others not.

I am just going to lymm damm for a walk - if I see him I will push him in.

met zabba and aguero at the airport,they were just about to board the shuttle to heathrow , I hid round the corner and waiting for them, my mate had his phone at the ready , aguero looked shocked , zabba was brilliant, :)got my photos though :)

It was common when I was a kid in the 50's to alternate City one week, Utd the next. In our street, it was about one dad taking a bunch one week and another dad the next. Depended on which club the dad's supported. I became a City fan after seeing 1955 cup final on Pathe news. But I did see Duncan Edwards play and he was impressive.

Off topic a bit, but at the Derby one year, I had a piss with Fred Trueman on one side of me and HRH Maktoum on the other. Didnt dare ask the King for his autograph, but Fred charmingly obliged and signed my programme. I let him put his cock away first, obvs.

For the record as mentioned before Kyle Walker is a decent lad no pre madonna bullshit, fingers crossed for nothing but success for him

Probably recognised a fellow Yorkshire spirit not to mention th'accent!

It was common when I was a kid in the 50's to alternate City one week, Utd the next. In our street, it was about one dad taking a bunch one week and another dad the next. Depended on which club the dad's supported. I became a City fan after seeing 1955 cup final on Pathe news. But I did see Duncan Edwards play and he was impressive.

Off topic a bit, but at the Derby one year, I had a piss with Fred Trueman on one side of me and HRH Maktoum on the other. Didnt dare ask the King for his autograph, but Fred charmingly obliged and signed my programme. I let him put his cock away first, obvs.
Bloody glory hunter........

Gianfranco Zola spent a good twenty minutes or so chatting away and signing programmes.
He's still very much like that. I've played golf with him a few times in the last year or so and a round takes about six hours when he's in your party as he kept having to stop to have selfies taken with people.

He's a genuinely nice bloke.

Have you not considered that those that didn't stop might have had a good reason for it? Maybe they were having a shit day, maybe they needed to rush off to some commitment. So many people forget that just cos they get paid a lot of money they are still people. I'd happily wager if you caught them at a better time they'd have happily signed an autograph for your kids.
This,they must get fed up doing autographs and pics all the time and they feel crap some days just like the rest of us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.