No connection with the fans anymore.

I remember my autograph-hunting days in the 60s. Some of the players were great and some of them were arseholes including some real onfield heroes. It's just human nature and modern football. Those who think Peter Swales and his cronies were better at engaging with fans truly do have rose-tinted spectacles.

Players are less connected to the fans these days because most of them are foreign players who don't understand what the club means to those fans. They see the club as a workplace. It's like Tesco or Aldi for a cashier.

Milner and Sturridge both stopped. Wonderfully Mr Perfect Jurgen Klopp did not do so.

Fuck. if I was trying to get on a bus and the bloke in front of me stopped dead in his tracks I'd end up sticking my knee in his back in order to avoid an unwanted sexual encounter.

What I dislike about players' autographs is the they are, in the main, totally illegible, just a squiggle. I had a colleague, now deceased, who had an autograph book of pre-war players and showbiz folk, and they were all well and carefully written. Now they just get a marker pen and smear a couple of marks. I bought a City calendar a couple of years ago or so and each month had a photo of a player with his autograph. They were quite unreadable and meaningless. I was shocked.
I'm sure it's not just footballers - I saw Andy Murray coming off court the other day and he "signed" a couple of autograph books with what was clearly a couple of stripes.
Take a bit of trouble, you disrespectful morons.

To be fair, they're probably asked to sign things every single time they go out in public - the novelty will wear off pretty quickly. Imagine if every time you went out and about, almost everyone wanted a photo or an autograph, you would go mad! I do however think it's a poor showing when players don't take the time to meet small groups of fans now and then. Richard Dunne was the best player I've seen for meets and greets, always happy to meet Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.