No criteria for citycard

ANY1aBLUE said:
SWP's back said:
Buy a SC then

bit late for that smart-alec comment! some of us have shift work and family commitments as well as costs to consider..........doesnt make us less loyal. as someone who has paid to watch and support us being utterly cronic over the years - now knowing someone who just jumped in this Season will get a ticket is a bit of a kick in the teeth..................

I have answered this twice with regards to other business, Thomas Cook etc

ANY1aBLUE said:
SWP's back said:
Buy a SC then

bit late for that smart-alec comment! some of us have shift work and family commitments as well as costs to consider..........doesnt make us less loyal. as someone who has paid to watch and support us being utterly cronic over the years - now knowing someone who just jumped in this Season will get a ticket is a bit of a kick in the teeth..................
Yep - this "I´m loyaler than you" bollox is insulting to those of us who may be ex-pats for eg but have been season ticket holders for 20 years before moving away AND still turn up 3 or 4 times a year which costs more than the price of 2 STs I would estimate. My suffering has known no bounds over the years I´ve been abroad and I would suggest that my emotional investment over 40 plus years far outweighs that of a ten year old who has had a ST for two.I might just get a ST next year even if I don´t use it
But rules are rules and the club has to organise it as they see fit - just a fact of life - besides if I´m desperate to go I do have the resources to pay well over the odds so from that angle I can´t complain. Think I might save that day for a/the final itself as I can see shit happening v the scum

hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
I repeat:

By that rationale, if I went on holiday with Thomas Cook every year for ten years and paid £500 each time. If I just want to pay £40 next year, I should get priority over the **** paying for his first ever holiday with them. After all - I paid more over the long term.

Sorry bud, life doesn't work like that.

I've read this post several times now and I still can't work out it's relevance. If I'd gone on holiday with Thomas Cooke every year for ten years and I was willing to pay the same amount for a holiday as someone who's a newbie, I'd expect them to look after a regular and valued customer first. Or am I missing something again (apart from a SC GQ)?

But you are not paying the same. The newbie has paid £500 + £40 to your £40. (this year)

I can't believe you are trying to argue that a non-SC holder should get priority over a SC holder.

No club in the country does that. They do it for a reason.

ANY1aBLUE said:
SWP's back said:
Buy a SC then

Fans who go every week should get priority. You can't go to the level of looking at everyone's individual circumstances

mike channon´s windmill said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Yep - this "I´m loyaler than you" bollox is insulting to those of us who may be ex-pats for eg but have been season ticket holders for 20 years before moving away AND still turn up 3 or 4 times a year which costs more than the price of 2 STs I would estimate. My suffering has known no bounds over the years I´ve been abroad and I would suggest that my emotional investment over 40 plus years far outweighs that of a ten year old who has had a ST for two.I might just get a ST next year even if I don´t use it
But rules are rules and the club has to organise it as they see fit - just a fact of life - besides if I´m desperate to go I do have the resources to pay well over the odds so from that angle I can´t complain. Think I might save that day for a/the final itself as I can see shit happening v the scum

It may cost more but City don't see it. You may be loyal to Ryan Air but not hugely to City, where it counts, in the tills.

I also don't feel too sorry you, you get to be an ex-pat, not put up with the shitty weather etc etc

Also - if you have the resources to pay well over the odds, just buy a friggin SC next year.

Been goin since 1985, regulary(7 or 8 home maybe 4 or 5 aways) from 92 had a season ticket for 5 different seasons in that time the last seasoon ticket i had was 2008/9 got roughly 3600' ish points but now have city card, Even though i will get a ticket through mates it still pisses me off that season ticket holders who NEVER go on the cup scheme and NEVER attend cup games( ie its beneath them and cant be arsed) get priority thats just a bag of shite.

Ime not one of the many! Ime a bigger fan than u mob but ffs theres gonna be poeple there who have only been "a fan" for 2 years and probably NEVER been to maine road or a fukin cup tie ever!! n thats just wrong.

The base of the debate stands a very good point.

There are people out there who unfortunately either can't afford or have other commitments during the year who opt against purchasing a seasoncard, but still make it to the majority of home and away games. These people have been following the club probably since they were born and will be desperate to see us play at Wembley.

At the other extreme, we have a small minority, and yes, it is small who have just recently started following us and bought seasoncards. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with our new fans but I feel that the loyalty points in this case defeat the purpose.

I suspect the new fans will have an extra boost of loyalty points through their seasoncard, and will be eligible for tickets at Wembley. Say they have 1200 points on their account, but a Citycard holder could have 3480 loyalty points and could potentially miss out.

Who is the more 'loyal' fan here?

JoeCity21 said:

There are people out there who unfortunately either can't afford or have other commitments during the year who opt against purchasing a seasoncard, but still make it to the majority of home and away games. These people have been following the club probably since they were born and will be desperate to see us play at Wembley.

At the other extreme, we have a small minority, and yes, it is small who have just recently started following us and bought seasoncards. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with our new fans but I feel that the loyalty points in this case defeat the purpose.

I suspect the new fans will have an extra boost of loyalty points through their seasoncard, and will be eligible for tickets at Wembley. Say they have 1200 points on their account, but a Citycard holder could have 3480 loyalty points and could potentially miss out.

Exactly. The concept that the club should distribute it's tickets to the most deserving supporters, based on the fairest measure available which is loyalty points, is not a difficult one to grasp surely?

hgblue said:
JoeCity21 said:

Exactly. The concept that the club should distribute it's tickets to the most deserving supporters, based on the fairest measure available which is loyalty points, is not a difficult one to grasp surely?

True. But then the argument comes in of "I pay my £400 in August, I'm entitled to a Wembley ticket" but no, it should just be loyalty points outright. Especially in the recession, seasoncards can be extremely hard to pay for in one sum.

We can hope that Citycard holders with more loyalty points than some seasoncard holders can get tickets, then it becomes fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.