No criteria for citycard

travelman said:
I am suprised people belive that they are better supporters based on points, I have 4120 points on a city card jacked season ticket in when they sacked sven.
As far as city are concerned (purchase history)I have been to city twice this season the derby and liverpool. So why should I get a ticket over some new season card holder who as been to every home game this season when I have probably stayed at home and watched the game either on tv or the internet.

Season tickets have and always will come first and that is the way it should be.
yeah rite.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:54 pm --<br /><br />goin out for a good scoop, should balance the scales a bit cos there's a lot of poeple on here who are on drugs if they think its ok for "new" s/card holders to get a ticket even though theyve probably only seen city 20 times in the flesh n probably never in the cup.

I think the club need to address what the point of having an access card with loyalty points attached to it?

I can only think that its useful if your in the boat of having had a season ticket and then dropping for whatever reason with the intention of returning one day because realistically the points you accumulate arent worth shit unless you intend to do so are they?

Ultimately everyone knew this would be the case, has been since year dot and is at every ground, season ticket holders take priority.

No matter what they do there fucked if they do fucked if they dont. People will be unhappy no matter what.

I had a ticket for three years, gave it up because i moved to london, didnt stay for long and when i came back hit financial rocks so just used as an access card but went to more games than i missed, this year i couldnt really afford but knew this was going to happen sooner or later so i made the sacrifices so i could get a season ticket again.

Not everyones going to be able to do that, but personally if having made the sacrifices i did to get myself in a position to buy tickets for semis and finals again id be pissed off if people that had a city card were able to get one before me.

Its a mutually beneficial relationship with clearly defined parameters and two circles of membership. Everyone knows in adavance that stumping up for a season ticket gets you more benefits. Am i saying its fair, no im not, but personal circumstances are so varied from fan to fan that a percentage will always be worse off no matter what the criteria are.

As for the johnny come latelys, how many extra fan are there really? Were just about selling out and i dont think the average is much higher than last year is it? Yes seasoncard sales are up but for the very reason that people know sooner or later there will be a waiting list, there will be missed opportunities, so i think its not new supporters, its people that have been coming but are solidifying their attendance.

This is our first meaningful semi of recent times where we get to go to Wembley, and against the rags, so of course its an emotive subject, i hope whether youve got a seasoncard or an access card you get a ticket but if not there will be more instances such as this is in the near future and ill tell you what i bet the number of people siging up for the cup scheme next will be ridiculous, well if you think about it, i wouldnt bother if you cant afford because if a high number do it, how will they incentivise that??

I went Dortmund pre-season on someone else's seasoncard and they got the points for it that's life. I've been to a few games down the years where I haven't got the points - all this talk about being a more loyal fan than someone else grates me to be honest. Where you start judging loyalty and where does it end? It's like the do you live in Mcr or do you travel 200 miles to watch them or watch them on the tv threads. I was brought up believing that City fans (generally speaking) were the salt of the earth to be perfectly honest and I found that and also the unique humour when I was going to watch them. You can only judge each individual on their merits and the club obviously wouldn't ever do that there is a system in place.

I'm only a CC holder myself - if you've held one for a number of years you should really realise by now that the only point of having one was for home games that were staggered by CC points, which is practically non existant now.

Earlier on this season I was amazed at the amount of away games I was able to get tickets on my CC for - Spurs, Stoke, Wolves, WHU, Leicester. You don't generally expect games to get to that stage but you take it with a grain of salt and realise that you're never going to be there for the big affairs (ie Blackpool, Utd away). Same with the cup games been to a few home and away when half the ground was empty.

I'd have spent this season easily what i'd have spent on a seasoncard but the money would have to be up front I gather a bit like this cup scheme that has been so controversial. It's the way it works and you accept it.

You just have to accept at the end of the day that the club will always put seasoncard holders first and can't blame them for doing so. The way I see it it's just bickering and believe me with the position the club is in now compared to a few years back you will get plenty more chances to go to Wembley in the future or possibly league defining fixtures at Eastlands or European finals - if you can't get there now you'll get there one day soon.

I just wanted to edit and add the only time I have ever felt aggrieved with being a CC holder was the Hamburg home game but that was the clearest example of the club putting the Seasoncard holders first and again you accept it. The way the tickets were put on open sale initially was a bit galling.

Stubbsy89 said:
So, despite having 2500ish loyalty points, fans who have jumped on the bandwagon by buying their first season ticket this year will have priority over me. My reason for not having a seasoncard is down to the fact i am living in newcastle for uni commitments.

Had a season ticket for 4/5 seasons prior to the last couple of years, all those miserable days watching us get beat under the stuart pearce era apparently count for jack shit.

I'm sure there's plenty of other citycard holders in the same position. Why aren't they taking our loyalty points into account. Gutted. Surely there are citycard holders with several thousand loyalty points. Why aren't they given priority over 'new' supporters?

I was at Uni in sheffield until last yr, travelled back every weekend for the game....!! But nah, if you did have one and then had to get rid for valid reasons it's pretty annoying. But I think on the whole it is the fairest way....ST holders pay the money up front etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.