No Doubt We Can Now Put One Question To Bed

Prestwich_Blue

Well-Known Member
Joined
26 Jan 2006
Messages
53,362
Location
Wherever I lay my hat that's my home
Up to 6 weeks ago I'd have had Mourinho every time. Since his tantrums over the Barca CL game and since there are clear signs of the team we can become under Mancini, I'll stick with what we've got.

But I'll put DD's somewhat injudicious words into something more diplomatic - next season is the real test and we need far more games like Saturday's and very few, if any, like the one at Anfield.
 

bluefandk

Well-Known Member
Joined
8 Nov 2008
Messages
5,226
Location
Fredericia Denmark
Mourinho has proven himself to be a complete arse, and Mancini has proven he can win trophies in England, so for me its an answer, Mancini all the way.
 

blue order

Well-Known Member
Joined
21 Apr 2010
Messages
492
Didsbury Dave said:
baldybouncer said:
Despite what's happened this season, somebody on here will still want Mourinho!

Me.

But as I put in another thread, Mancini has to take credit for the last 6 weeks or so.

For a shit manager he's done good ;-)
"shit" ...


... can you say that?
 

motherofallapes

Well-Known Member
Joined
1 Sep 2009
Messages
85
Prestwich_Blue said:
Up to 6 weeks ago I'd have had Mourinho every time. Since his tantrums over the Barca CL game and since there are clear signs of the team we can become under Mancini, I'll stick with what we've got.

But I'll put DD's somewhat injudicious words into something more diplomatic - next season is the real test and we need far more games like Saturday's and very few, if any, like the one at Anfield.

I was more concerned by our defeat at everton than liverpool....
At liverpool we were trying to rest players before the biggest game of our season and squad players didnt perform....
If we can consistently finish off games after dominating as we should have against everton and
others we will compete....

Looking at the bigger picture though, i'm bloody happy with mancini and to have a trophy thats all down to his coaching and hard work as well as investment....

Theres a few on here who seem spoiled and have unrealistic views of where we should be following the 'very recent' investment in the club.... We'll get there but it takes time, this was only his first full season and he's achieved....

Anyway, do people not worry that Mourinho would see himself as far bigger than the club and would view it as a stop gap appointment if he came? I do....
 

bluemoondays

Well-Known Member
Joined
24 Aug 2007
Messages
2,435
Mourinho

Since 2002, Mourinho has won his domestic league six times, the UEFA Cup once and the UEFA Champions League twice and 8 domestic trophies

Mancini

Since 2001, 3 domestic league titles, 7 domestic trophies over 4 different clubs, no european cups (unfortunatley)

That's a pretty good CV for a 46 year old manager (2 years younger than Mourinho) and RM is good enough for me, especially as City got one of those domestic cups. I'm pretty sure he can build on this and I'd be happy to see Mancini growing as a manager with the team.

The very last thing I want to see is another manager swap going on - we'd be the laughing stock of world football if we lost/sacked Mancini now.
 

BluePurgatory

Well-Known Member
Joined
22 Jul 2009
Messages
2,811
WTGD!! said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Me.

But as I put in another thread, Mancini has to take credit for the last 6 weeks or so.

For a shit manager he's done good ;-)

6 weeks? na DD, some of us just took time to look at the bigger picture - patience and time = success with the tools at our disposal


Agreed. I think the injection of money into the club, has made some of our younger followers a little impatient.

Rome wasn't build in a day and all that. The end to this season has been fantastic, and its all down to the foundations that Mancini has built over the past 18 months. We can only get stronger from here on in.
From the threads that I have read, I have always got the impression the older ones are the impatient lot?
 

taconinja

Well-Known Member
Joined
19 Oct 2010
Messages
9,046
motherofallapes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Up to 6 weeks ago I'd have had Mourinho every time. Since his tantrums over the Barca CL game and since there are clear signs of the team we can become under Mancini, I'll stick with what we've got.

But I'll put DD's somewhat injudicious words into something more diplomatic - next season is the real test and we need far more games like Saturday's and very few, if any, like the one at Anfield.

I was more concerned by our defeat at everton than liverpool....
At liverpool we were trying to rest players before the biggest game of our season and squad players didnt perform....
If we can consistently finish off games after dominating as we should have against everton and
others we will compete....
Honestly I'm much less concerned about a couple of moments of brilliance (as galling as they were) than the systematic failure at Anfield. As to what PB said, the most positive sign I took from that particular horror show was Mancini taking personal responsibility for the loss. That kind of accountability is much more effective than say... Wenger's continual whining.
 

Chillidog77

Well-Known Member
Joined
4 Sep 2010
Messages
852
Mancini every time for me. As soon as we get some real consistancy, we will be a force once again. Onwards and upwards!!!!
After the semi, last Tues & Sat he is a legend.
 

Fuzzmaster101

Well-Known Member
Joined
3 Sep 2008
Messages
1,735
For me part of Mourinho's ability is his players utter belief that he is something special. Maybe this stint at Real is what was needed to dispel that myth. All he can do is moan about decissions going Barca's way when his team are just not good enough! He took an already high quality team, added four or five quality players to it and still got his arse handed to him in a 5-0 thrashing against Barca.

Barca have won the league again, and will win the Champs league I'm sure. If Jose stays another year and still wins nothing of any note (Copa Del Rey is not big enough) then his stock will fall even further. Real were ashamed of "The Special One's" rants about referees and the fans don't want to hear that either. They want a team which is great and wins the big trophies (La Liga and Chumps League). He's not as special as he thinks he is!
 

Don't have an account?

Register now!
Top
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.