No History ?

Falastur said:
manclad said:
Bluemanc,
The only season that we held 2 trophies was 1969-70 and the 2 trophies were the League Cup and the European Cup Winners Cup --- and they are not the trophies that are on display in your photo.
As you said the photo is not a fake,it is a genuine valid photo,but the fact remains (as shown in all history/football stats books) that we did not win those 2 trophies in the same season.
Any City fan on this forum will confirm that what I have stated is fact.

In 68-69 we won the FA Cup and the Charity Shield.

I have the picture amd below it it lists the trophies and saywhuch they won within twelve months of each other not in the same season

weve got a good history, but i think were gunna make a great history and i think thats why the rest of the league are envyous because they know its a matter of when not if ctid

If I'm not mistaken we were the first team to wear numbers 1 to 11.

Just going back to the established clubs like Liverpool. They won their first FA Cup in the early sixties.

So we've got more history than most clubs. We could have won more silverware if it wasn't for the betting scandal in the thirties when we lost a number of players and some of them went to the scum.

Oh, and another one I just remembered.

First team in world (competitive) football to have a goalkeeper score a goal. According to accounts, he lobbed it down the pitch so hard it bounced over the other goalkeeper, who was caught totally out of position.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Williams_%28footballer%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Wi ... tballer%29</a>

-- Sun May 30, 2010 11:42 am --

Gosford Blue said:
If I'm not mistaken we were the first team to wear numbers 1 to 11.

Against Everton in the 33-34 FA Cup final. Actually, Everton wore 1-11. We wore 12-24.

Some people are being very selective about which bits of history are relevant in todays market.Pompey won the fa cup.Does that make them a bigger or better club than us?If history was the be all and end all of whether you can bid for a top player,then whenever a world class player becomes available,we better hope that when we put in our offer,Blackpool or Preston don't blow us out of the water with a better offer.After all,who wouldn't want to play alongside the great Stanley Matthews?Times change,things change and fortunes change.Liverpool know it,soon enough,utd will know it.

Castiel said:
Haha every time I come here this place looks more like Chelsea forums circa 2003. Whats funny is City fans used to give us the same abuse.

' Liverpool haven't won anything significant in 20 years'

They'll tell you they don't fall to pieces when it comes to penaltys for the big one.....they're a bit HaHa that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.