No-Kill Meat to go on Sale...

Would You Eat Lab Grown Meat as a Primary Food Source?

• Yes

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
So I was thinking, having just seen this and I'm not sure, would this change anybody's eating habit?

The point of veganism, for example is the 'cruelty to animals' aspect, but this product would be 'lab grown meat'.

It's been approved and is going on sale in Singapore soon as 'chicken bites', produced by a US company (why haven't they sold it in the US first?).

Is this the answer to save the planet or, at least, make food sustainable in the future?

It's been mooted for a few years, in reality, but I think this is the first real test as safety has been approved.

PETA view 2017

BBC Article 2018

Would you as a meat eater switch to this product?

More interestingly, would you as a vegan/ vegetarian switch to this product knowing you would not be contravening your strict beliefs and lifestyle?

I'll stick to vegetables abd the occassional bit of chicken when my carniverous needs take over.

Just as an aside (I eat vegetables and dairy maybe for 99% of my diet) I haven't quite got my head around why people want to eat vegetarian fake meat, apart from it being disgusting why not just eat lovely fresh vegetables?

Sunday dinners for me usually consist of everything but the meat it's still a substantial meal and unlike some non meat eaters I don't judge those around me for gnawing on a dead animal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.