No-Kill Meat to go on Sale...

Would You Eat Lab Grown Meat as a Primary Food Source?

• Yes

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve said unsure, it will depend on how it tastes, nutrition, cost etc.

I will still likely eat normal meat too but if it helps society then I’ll substitute part of my diet to plant based meat products if the above factors are reasonable.

Yes not sure why they have created this when as you say, Quorn have made a plant based product that is very good. Have made loads of meals for meat eaters, told them in advance what it is and no one disliked it.
I did a Korean style noodle dish last night using Quorn and my 15 yo son didn't realise it wasn't meat until after he'd eaten all up and I told him...

Just as an aside (I eat vegetables and dairy maybe for 99% of my diet) I haven't quite got my head around why people want to eat vegetarian fake meat, apart from it being disgusting why not just eat lovely fresh vegetables?
Can't speak for everyone else but for me it can just be convenience and laziness. Not all vegetarians enjoy cooking or are that creative. So if I cook a meal that includes my carnivorous older son and my vegan younger son and me and the Mrs who are vegetarian it is easy to put fake meat sausages under the grill or in the oven along with "the real thing". Just chips and beans wouldn't do it for me.

As for the lab grown stuff, can't see myself doing it purely because I have been veggie for over 30 years and can't see me changing that habit. More to the point would my meat eating son? I have my doubts unless there is a cost benefit

I did a Korean style noodle dish last night using Quorn and my 15 yo son didn't realise it wasn't meat until after he'd eaten all up and I told him...
I used to work in a residential home for kids and would work 7 days on and 7 off. Once I made the kids proper meat balls and myself veggie meatballs made by Gardien.
I made myself 2 servings so saved the other in the fridge for the following day.
Got up in the morning and the container they were in was in the dishwasher. Asked the overnight awake staff what happened to the meatballs and he said he was a bit hungry in the night so ate them - refused to believe they were not meat! Bought him a packet and he became a veggie within 2 weeks having tried their other products too

Last edited:
I'll stick to vegetables abd the occassional bit of chicken when my carniverous needs take over.

Just as an aside (I eat vegetables and dairy maybe for 99% of my diet) I haven't quite got my head around why people want to eat vegetarian fake meat, apart from it being disgusting why not just eat lovely fresh vegetables?
Because some of the veggie fake meat contains the proteins we still need to eat that may not be there just by eating vegetables.

Me and my son have stopped eating meat and I can’t say I miss it. Still eat everything else though. I am not dead strict though. I don’t examine the contents of food products to see if there is gelatine in for example. And I may indulge for a week at Christmas but that’s it. Feel less bloated and healthier.

Because some of the veggie fake meat contains the proteins we still need to eat that may not be there just by eating vegetables.

I get that, and it's probably why I eat meat sometimes when my body tells me to eat it. I bought recently a mash gravy and 'Sausage' ready meal from Marks And Sparks, the sausage was made from pea protein and it was as vile as you could possibly imagine although the mash and gravy was fantastic.

I've tried so many of these substitutes and haven't found one that tastes as nice as vegetables, it's almost as if they go out of their way to make them unpalletable.

Just chips and beans wouldn't do it for me.
I eat a lot of chilies and spicy food, last night I had fries with a salad of lettuce onions and tomatoes with mayonaise and scotch bonnet chilies minced and thrown in.

Funny you should mention beans and chips, that's my standard meal if I want something quick, butter garlic chillies and baked beans are the food of the gods bud ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.