No knee jerk honest. But we have problems don't we.

Our 2 biggest problems are being wasteful in front of goal. Dzeko's finish was poor for his best effort. Against Everton our shooting was poor.

In centre-mid we don't have anyone taking responsibilty. yaya is currently doing a cracking McMinimum impression. Lots of looking around at each other rather than helping each other out

We were great for 35 minutes and like Mancini said we stopped working and you can't do that against top sides.

Came up against a top class team tonight but if Dzeko put that one away in the 3rd minute or if we had any sort of correct decisions from the officials (least 1 penalty was nailed on, whats the point in the officials behind the goals, anyone ever seen them do anything?) then result could have been different.

Both goals conceeded were sloppy esp the 2nd one. Sloppy free kick to give away and poor defending.

Still think the team is short of a world class centre back and a world class midfielder but thats all.

My biggest worry is how many chances we waste most games. Just arnt clinical enough and very seldom get goals from range. Do we practice shooting in training? And set pieces still needs an awfull lot of work on them esp with our height.

ANY1aBLUE said:
goat boy said:
Yaya was lethargic. Barry, lovely player but he's not fast and that does cause him problems. I don't think they work together all that well, De Jong will freshen that old rock solid defence right up imo. He's been missed.

I have been saying the same things ALL last Season, and been accused of disloyalty and being a 'rag' for doing so:

BARRY is at best an average footballer and at worst a liability. Too slow in thought and deed, he's completely out of his depth at this level. Yet again,his basic errors cost us and its so bloody infuriating.

LESCOTT - tries hard but again, just isnt good enough. He should have been replaced in the Summer as a number one priority as its clear Mancini feels the same as me and prefers not to play him - Cahill was the man. We were forced into playing Toure instead and he hasn't played for a year!

TEVEZ - Should have been 'got rid of' last January. Those that criticised me for saying this - think on....................

NO LEADER - Speaks for itself. Tevez was chosen cos he runs around alot - christ,he doesn't even speak English! KOMPANY,good as he is/was, can't cope with it and isnt captain material. Picking someone just because they're the best player isnt good.

JOHNSON - We need width and the best winger in the Prem is kept on the bench. Same could be said for Milner,dropped just as he was showing form and confidence - and Barry plays instead!

MANCINI - Euphoria of end of Season party has gone,move on,its what winners do. He's making mistakes again. Why was Dzeko dropped just as he was getting form? This was disaterous. Why can't he see the team needs WIDTH!!!!!! Im fed up of being told our players are tired - why are they dif from any other playing in top euro teams? Why can our team only perform for 45mins at best? This is summed up by Yaya Toure................

I keep being told that saying this pre Season, and alot last Season is disloyal, but they are things that unfortunately are coming home to roost. just as we approach a really tough time of fixtures.

Rant over.

Bale, Nani etc............

waspish said:
We were great for 35 minutes and like Mancini said we stopped working and you can't do that against top sides.

I wouldn't go that far but we coped with little difficulty lets say.

We lost our shape after that and allowed them to boss the game.

All in all one to forget ASAP for many reasons.

Blackburn will make it a scrap and we will need to be on our mettle to grind out a win , no Premiership game is easy so we shall see how switched on the side is.

You would suspect a statement on Tevez from the club in the next day or two.

I thought we were excellent for 30 minutes. Then they scored and heads dropped as it knocked the stuffing out of us. And then even further with the second goal.

So I wouldn't worry too much. We have a very good team. One that is capable of winning the league and progressing in Europe. Ultimately last night was a learning experience not just for the players but for the manager. He won't make the mistake again of 2 midfielders against the very best sides.

waspish said:

100% correct.

I liked what Project had to say,but one of the most frustrating things is that Bayern has been around a fare bit in this type of league, yet we are only just starting here it takes time to gain the kind of experience that Bayern could draw from, make no mistake we have a great team that needs to be knocked into shape...and Mancini will do it. But I see that in due time.

The only Poblems we have is fans getting ahead of ourselves. This was our first ever away game in CL and they don't come much harder. We were the best team for 30 minutes and for me the only thing lacking is experience, you only get that by coming through these games and learning from your mistakes. What happened with Tevez can't possibly be anticipated and left Mancini with no attacking options to change the game. As for people saying we had to win "ugly" against Everton being a sign of things not being right this is pure and utter nonesense. We dominated the game from start to finish, never panicked, kept making chances and won well against a top 8 side who had 11 men behind the ball. This is a sign of vast improvement. I still think we'll get through the group stages. We can beat Villareal home and away. Will be more suited to playing Napoli away from home, and can definitely get something at home to Bayern. These things happen in the toughest competion in the world in a group with four top sides. We'll come through this better, stronger and with a point to prove.

The main thing to stand out for me was the mentality of the team and lack of a leader once the first goal went in. There heads went straight away and left us looking like we had never played together before. There was no one to grab em by the bollox and get them lifted again.
These are the times when you really see where were up to as a team when you go behind and we were found short, of team spirit, leaders and winning mentality.
Once the first goal went in we just didn't play as a team and showed that the team is a long way off being completely gelled together due to how the team is still in its infancy of development.
Patience not panic is needed.For me i think Bobby is a winner and will get us there. Just wish he would be a bit more ruthless at times with some of the over pampered none performers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.