No tackling (apart from De Jong)

Brendan110_0

Since De Jong was hounded by the press I've seen a distinct lack of tackling going on, City players pretty much let Wolves walk to our box. If we do that vs Manure we'll be thrashed.
We really do need De Jong in the team, he's THAT "important"

One thing I did notice yesterday was that there was a tackle on Balotelli early doors that was an almost exact replica of De Jong's against Newcastle; took the ball fair and square with the back leg slamming into him and throwing him in the air. I assume TalkSport have dedicated all of today's phone-ins to discussing this heinous crime against humanity?

Spent a good hour yesterday yelling at one of Shady's streams, imploring anyone in a blue shirt to get a foot in. Almost approaching tag tackling. Compare this to the blood and thunder display v. CFC. I know that Nige wasn't on, but there wasn't anyone who convinced me that they had the sole intention of removing the ball from Wolves' possession.

Dubai Blue said:
One thing I did notice yesterday was that there was a tackle on Balotelli early doors that was an almost an exact replica of De Jong's against Newcastle; took the ball fair and square with the back leg slamming into him and throwing him in the air. I assume TalkSport have dedicated all of today's phone-ins to discussing this heinous crime against humanity?

Yeah, I thought the same thing - it was a perfect tackle to be fair, but the commentator on the stream I was watching irritated the fuck out of me with a half chuckling 'welcome to the Premier League' line and intimating Mario will 'have to get used to that'.

Wolves did what Wolves do - kicked fuck out of us (while remaining just the right side of the line) and knocked us out of our stride. Without Nigel in there no one stood up for us.

Best thing though is that Silva never seems to get roughed up because no bastard can get near enough to him to get any meaningful contact!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.