Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could turn out to be an important signing. Talent plus hard work.

As an aside, did anyone notice him making a deep defensive interception just minutes from the end? Still grafting despite the game being sewn up.

Really like the look of him, can't believe I'd never heard of him before. Although I'm wary of the Negredo-effect given what happened to the last 'seasoned' Spanish player we signed...

Will be interesting to see whether he plays predominantly as a left winger or if he'll drift into the centre more like a striker like the 2nd half last night (as the number 9 shirt and listing as a striker on the website would suggest).

Could turn out to be an important signing. Talent plus hard work.

As an aside, did anyone notice him making a deep defensive interception just minutes from the end? Still grafting despite the game being sewn up.
I noticed it only because the commentator drew my attention to it cos he couldn't believe it either..

Really like the look of him, can't believe I'd never heard of him before. Although I'm wary of the Negredo-effect given what happened to the last 'seasoned' Spanish player we signed...

Will be interesting to see whether he plays predominantly as a left winger or if he'll drift into the centre more like a striker like the 2nd half last night (as the number 9 shirt and listing as a striker on the website would suggest).

Only ever played on the left wing for Celta and Spain but you know it is Pep, could be our next CB aha.

Thought he was superb last night. I can see Why he was subbed on Sat, we needed Navas to stretch Sunderland, and by switching Sterling to the left, it worked a treat. It was no detriment to Nolitos performance, just a tweak in tactics that was needed. I really like what I see of this bloke, and is perfectly suited to how we play.

Definitely think the Villa comparisons are apt. He's not explosive in terms of speed but he has so much quality with the ball at his feet. I think he'll be a very useful player this season.

I think he answered some questions last night for those who had been wondering why we bought him.

He's not work shy but he has skill and intelligence and fits well into Pep's system.

Since we signed Aguero, I can't even remember a situation where someone has exchanged two sets of passes with him on the edge of the penalty area. I'm sure it probably happened, but I can't remember it, & if/when it did happen, it was probably Tevez. Jovetic has tried to do it, Bony has tried it. No luck. Aguero not interested. Nolito did it.

If Aguero finds someone he will play 1234s with, Premier League defences are fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.