Non-binary gender

7evens

No but they’re suggesting “they are”.

‘They’ is plural, the singular third person is “he/she/it” and therefore “it” it is.
You've used "they" to refer to a singular third person before, just in a different context. If you hear about someone being involved in a car accident or something, you ask "Oh no, how are they?" I'm not sure how this is that different. Plus, you know, language evolves all the time and this is just another quirk...

bluesteel

Well, I for one am glad we have an answer to the gender pay gap issue. Now all you need to do in 2019 is switch.

Ballet-on-ice

Sam Smith is a tone deaf, noise polluting weirdo. His vocal acrobatics and whingy whiny songs are nauseating.

Fuck off with your non binary bollocks.

Bag o' shite.

blueinsa

Sam Smith is a tone deaf, noise polluting weirdo. His vocal acrobatics and whingy whiny songs are nauseating.

Fuck off with your non binary bollocks.

Bag o' shite.

His star had fallen, his career stalled and no one was talking about him till last last week and his revelation...................

7evens

1) How the fuck do you work out that “are they ok” is quicker to say than “is he ok?”

2) Many things that are quicker to say are not correct English. ‘Quickness’ is unimportant.
I meant that "They" is quicker to say than "He or she".

And what's "correct English" when it's at home? I could challenge you for using "ok" instead of "okay" but I won't because I'm not a pedant.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.