Non Football- Generational Rivalry/Degradation

talkativesprout

*I use pop references to try and keep the under 40s reading

Im mid 50s, My dads music Consisted of The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Elvis, Leo Sayer, David Essex and Abba (diminishing returns I'm sure most would agree)

My music, Sex Pistols The Jam, The Who, Michael Jackson, Prince, INXS, Wham Culture Club (similar pattern)

Dad's generation
after the war the country was fucked, skint, and full of damaged people

My generation
THATCHER, Punk, The demise of manufactory, the rise of service industry, coal strikes and full of damaged people

This generation
Big Brother (tv), Gender madness, Men with emotions, Islam, very damaged people.

I have listed above some discussion pieces and it was meant to inspire some frivolous banter....

"Oi Knobhead, you missed out the whole Motown Scene... No Fuckin Stranglers, but paedo Jackson got in, yer Nonce

and other BM light hearted attacks

But

a realisation occured

We are FUCKED, the spiral is downward

A world where that Payne cretin gets more column inches than Lennon being shot or Elvis taking a mega Dump of death is not a world going in the right direction.

Today I watched the deputy Prime minister and some tory twat act like 2 blokes from rival companies had gone on the same stag doo, the country is fucked, stop point scoring and get it working you cuntwaffles

and if my 11 year old daughter asks me 1 more fucking inane question she has picked up off social media I will drop kick the woman into Shannon Matthews parents garden for a dose of reality.

My kids call me a massive Karen and my wife uses amongst expletives Victor Meldrew.

In the interest of self reflection

Am I alone in this thought?

**in reality its a thread for FOC to stick it to the.....Young Man!

The ancient Greeks and Romans said much the same.

We’ve been going to hell in a handcart for thousands of years.

Im mid 50s, My dads music Consisted of The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Elvis, Leo Sayer, David Essex and Abba (diminishing returns I'm sure most would agree)

My music, Sex Pistols The Jam, The Who, Michael Jackson, Prince, INXS, Wham Culture Club (similar pattern)

Dad's generation

My generation
THATCHER, Punk, The demise of manufactory, the rise of service industry, coal strikes and full of damaged people

This generation
Big Brother (tv), Gender madness, Men with emotions, Islam, very damaged people.

I have listed above some discussion pieces and it was meant to inspire some frivolous banter....

"Oi Knobhead, you missed out the whole Motown Scene... No Fuckin Stranglers, but paedo Jackson got in, yer Nonce

But

a realisation occured

A world where that Payne cretin gets more column inches than Lennon being shot or Elvis taking a mega Dump of death is not a world going in the right direction.

Today I watched the deputy Prime minister and some tory twat act like 2 blokes from rival companies had gone on the same stag doo, the country is fucked, stop point scoring and get it working you cuntwaffles

and if my 11 year old daughter asks me 1 more fucking inane question she has picked up off social media I will drop kick the woman into Shannon Matthews parents garden for a dose of reality.

My kids call me a massive Karen and my wife uses amongst expletives Victor Meldrew.

Well, the young man, ain't got nothing in the world these days...

Dad's generation

My generation

This generation

But

a realisation occured

You don't come across as a Victor Meldrew type!!

Dad's generation

My generation

This generation

But

a realisation occured

The short answer is your wife is right :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.