Non-League Football

James23

One of the many unnoticed posters of Bluemoon
Wondering what non-league interest is like on Bluemoon so anyone on here support any teams from around the North-West? I'm a Winsford United fan myself, based in Cheshire and we're in the Vodkat League (one below the Unibond).

I really enjoy my non-league, feel like you really are part of the club when we get an average of about 95. Its sad that attendances are slowly declining, think all the exposure we get to top flight football has seen interest fade, hope non-league can stay around for as long as possible.

I follow the mighty dolly blues ! With city usually these days not playing on saturdays I get down to the giant axe to watch Lancaster with about 150 others in attendance.
What's funny about our support is our singing crew of about 10 lads do not live in lancaster. One lives in nottingham and the others are from preston and they go to every home and away game, now that's loyal.

James23 said:
Wondering what non-league interest is like on Bluemoon so anyone on here support any teams from around the North-West? I'm a Winsford United fan myself, based in Cheshire and we're in the Vodkat League (one below the Unibond).

I really enjoy my non-league, feel like you really are part of the club when we get an average of about 95. Its sad that attendances are slowly declining, think all the exposure we get to top flight football has seen interest fade, hope non-league can stay around for as long as possible.
Growing up in Burnage I had zero interest in lower / Non league football then as a teenager my parents moved to Chester few of my new school were regulars at the Deva stadium so I tagged along quite enjoyed my first game a 2-2 draw with Bolton ('92ish shows how times have changed!) Their ups and downs changes of owners and false dawns really did remind me of a mini MCFC.

Went to a fair few Conference games (the first time they were down there) have to say enjoyed them at that level or lower you really get the impression your money is both needed and appreciated. Sadly we all know what happened to Chester City because of Stephen Vaughan so when the supporters group City Fans United started the campaign to restart the club I happily joined even found out at the AGM under the model they used to form the Co-operative £1 of my joining fee went into buying a share of the club (ok that can never be sold etc and if I don't renew but I do part own a football team) So Chester FC are here squad is taking shape and they have announced a pre season game at home to Wigan on 1st August pending appeal against the decision to place them in step 5 of the set up and the league accepting them anyway Chester will be in the Vodkat along side Winsford next season.

I hope the fixture list is kind to me I really wanna see a lot of games next year and prove Mark Lawrenson with his "Chesters not a football city" remark. That was so wrong you see loads of people wearing shirts of loads of teams in Chester in the lower leagues you have your die hards but they do also depend on second team supporters something I admit I never used to understand.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Growing up in Burnage I had zero interest in lower / Non league football then as a teenager my parents moved to Chester few of my new school were regulars at the Deva stadium so I tagged along quite enjoyed my first game a 2-2 draw with Bolton ('92ish shows how times have changed!) Their ups and downs changes of owners and false dawns really did remind me of a mini MCFC.

Went to a fair few Conference games (the first time they were down there) have to say enjoyed them at that level or lower you really get the impression your money is both needed and appreciated. Sadly we all know what happened to Chester City because of Stephen Vaughan so when the supporters group City Fans United started the campaign to restart the club I happily joined even found out at the AGM under the model they used to form the Co-operative £1 of my joining fee went into buying a share of the club (ok that can never be sold etc and if I don't renew but I do part own a football team) So Chester FC are here squad is taking shape and they have announced a pre season game at home to Wigan on 1st August pending appeal against the decision to place them in step 5 of the set up and the league accepting them anyway Chester will be in the Vodkat along side Winsford next season.

I hope the fixture list is kind to me I really wanna see a lot of games next year and prove Mark Lawrenson with his "Chesters not a football city" remark. That was so wrong you see loads of people wearing shirts of loads of teams in Chester in the lower leagues you have your die hards but they do also depend on second team supporters something I admit I never used to understand.
There are some places in the Vodkat that are just awful, just god awful. There was one game in November or December where Silsden AFC had an attendance of 8... But you will enjoy it and that game was an exception, with Chester bringing hundreds to away games, the fans will be welcomed with open arms. I personally think Chester will start in Division 1 but we'll see what happens, whatever happens I can't wait for Winsford v Chester, hopefully the ground will be rammed, just like the old days and then we get the chance to play at the Deva! See you next season (maybe)

I get down to a fair few Southport games each season because my mates brother in law is a big fan. It does depend on whether City or Wigan (my mate is a Wigan fan) are playing at home though. They do get decent crowds there of about 1,200 and I'm sure they will get more now they're back in the Conference next season.

I also used to go watching Lancaster when I was a student there a few years back. I got to one game there last season as well because my mate has recently moved back and lives next to the ground.

used to watch altrincham quite a bit but in recent seasons have preferred to go to Maine Road FC in chorlton , i am amazed that more city fans do not make the trip they average only about 60 each home game !

simonr555 said:
I get down to a fair few Southport games each season because my mates brother in law is a big fan. It does depend on whether City or Wigan (my mate is a Wigan fan) are playing at home though. They do get decent crowds there of about 1,200 and I'm sure they will get more now they're back in the Conference next season.

I also used to go watching Lancaster when I was a student there a few years back. I got to one game there last season as well because my mate has recently moved back and lives next to the ground.

Good man !

Just a shame Lancaster blew promotion big time ! Top of the league with only a few games to go and then go and lose the play off final with home advantage. Gonna lose the leagues best striker jordan connerton as well for next season he's signed for Crew

I used to be the Vice Chairman of Flixton when they were in the Unibond League a few years back, we managed to get to the semi final of the FA Vase where we lost 1-0 to Brigg Town.

I also enjoyed two FA Cup trips to Morecambe (lost 5-2) and Doncaster Rovers (lost 2-0) both fantastic days and have to say what a fantastic bloke the Doncaster Rovers Chairman John Ryan is, no big time Charlie, and treated us in the same manner as any other team.

unfortunately when we lost our sponsor AJ Edge, most of our team and Manager Dalton Steele left to join Dave Pace at Droylsden.

I also had a semi pro career after leaving Blackburn Rovers at 16, played for Chorley, Glossop North End and Worksop Town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.