Non-League Football

Can't really say i watch any non-league sides ......

although i do admit to watching Altrincham take on Spurs at Maine Road once if memory serves me right!

James23 said:
There are some places in the Vodkat that are just awful, just god awful. There was one game in November or December where Silsden AFC had an attendance of 8... But you will enjoy it and that game was an exception, with Chester bringing hundreds to away games, the fans will be welcomed with open arms. I personally think Chester will start in Division 1 but we'll see what happens, whatever happens I can't wait for Winsford v Chester, hopefully the ground will be rammed, just like the old days and then we get the chance to play at the Deva! See you next season (maybe)
That is the big worry and a reason Chester are appealing on their league placing the business model and finances already in place they are at Conference North Level, indications had been they should have been placed in the Evostick (old Unibond) personally I don't care it's nice that fans cared enough to reform the team crowds of 1500 at the Deva should be the norm long term being run not for profit having no potless gangsters front man at the helm football is back in Chester.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
That is the big worry and a reason Chester are appealing on their league placing the business model and finances already in place they are at Conference North Level, indications had been they should have been placed in the Evostick (old Unibond) personally I don't care it's nice that fans cared enough to reform the team crowds of 1500 at the Deva should be the norm long term being run not for profit having no potless gangsters front man at the helm football is back in Chester.
The way I see it is that Chester FC are a new club, they are not a club reforming such as Halifax did. Chester City FC is gone and this new club is in place. Every other brand new club (FC United and AFC Liverpool in recent years) have been forced to start in Division 1 and I don't understand why Chester should get special treatment. Seems unfair on other clubs. Wherever you start though, I don't think it will take too long for you to be climbing the leagues as quick as FCUM did if not quicker.

James23 said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
The way I see it is that Chester FC are a new club, they are not a club reforming such as Halifax did. Chester City FC is gone and this new club is in place. Every other brand new club (FC United and AFC Liverpool in recent years) have been forced to start in Division 1 and I don't understand why Chester should get special treatment. Seems unfair on other clubs. Wherever you start though, I don't think it will take too long for you to be climbing the leagues as quick as FCUM did if not quicker.
Thats the thing it is technically a reform just with a name change that the fans voted on dropping the name City and reverting back to the clubs original name and why the league placing was a shock Chester had been "informed" they would start one place below where they would have been anyway. It's up in the air as it stands as Grays haven't got a league

Trigger said:
I used to be the Vice Chairman of Flixton when they were in the Unibond League a few years back, we managed to get to the semi final of the FA Vase where we lost 1-0 to Brigg Town.

I also enjoyed two FA Cup trips to Morecambe (lost 5-2) and Doncaster Rovers (lost 2-0) both fantastic days and have to say what a fantastic bloke the Doncaster Rovers Chairman John Ryan is, no big time Charlie, and treated us in the same manner as any other team.

unfortunately when we lost our sponsor AJ Edge, most of our team and Manager Dalton Steele left to join Dave Pace at Droylsden.

I also had a semi pro career after leaving Blackburn Rovers at 16, played for Chorley, Glossop North End and Worksop Town.
I read recently that Garry Flitcroft has taken the manager's job at Chorley, assisted by Mike Quigley and Matt Jansen as player/coach. Is it too personal to ask how long ago you were playing semi-pro Trigger?!

bronco said:
used to watch altrincham quite a bit but in recent seasons have preferred to go to Maine Road FC in chorlton , i am amazed that more city fans do not make the trip they average only about 60 each home game !

I used to play for Maine Road, it is a great club run by a few dedicated stalwarts, as most clubs in the lower leagues are.
The club was started from the old City social club and has always had a strong blue influence from the origional founders.

Its base is now the Griffin Pub on Didsbury road a massive City pub.

Have always thought a few more City fans would adopt the club and follow on a saturday afternoon. Sure they would love some extra support.

I arranged for a couple of nonleague footy players to come over to Perth this year to player through me website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ozsoccerexperience.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.ozsoccerexperience.com</a> (Oliver McGee played for Clitheroe and Jordon Rispin for Ramsbottom).

I always try and look after the city fans.

Annoyingly the only player so far not to follow through and pay for my service was an FC United player.

bleuger said:
I arranged for a couple of nonleague footy players to come over to Perth this year to player through me website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ozsoccerexperience.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ozsoccerexperience.com</a> (Oliver McGee played for Clitheroe and Jordon Rispin for Ramsbottom).

I always try and look after the city fans.

Annoyingly the only player so far not to follow through and pay for my service was an FC United player.

I think my forum name says who I watch, I've done the p.a for Chelmsford for nearly twenty years. We're in the Blue Square South and lost in the playoffs in both the last two seasons which has been awful! I love non league and I used to live in Brinscall near Chorley and used to go down to Victory Park quite a lot as a kid, before we moved down here. I hadn't realised Gary Flitcroft had gone there and I hope he does really well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.