Non league football.

The Salford lad.

Team supported
Manchester City
Whilst we cant go watching City, I've gone watching Atherton Cols not the greatest standard but it is live football, does anybody else go and watch other non league sides...I mean £8 entry fee and £2 a pint it will do until we are allowed back at the Etihad ...

Been going to different non league clubs each weekend, 5 so far and all draws so hows that for luck! A couple were FA Cup qualifiers so got the drama of a penalty shoot out too. £10 entry fee and allowed to have a pint in view of the game, can't beat it. Much more enjoyable than Premier League, not sure I'll be taking up my season ticket again when this blows over.

I regularly watch King's Lynn.

But, now they have been promoted to the Conference, they are suffering the same fate as City etc. and fans cannot go to matches.........extremely frustrating

Trouble is, while Premier League teams will survive this pandemic, for lots of non-league teams, if they cannot have the bread and butter financial input of fans attending, then clubs will go to the wall.

If any fans can support non-league clubs, you cannot underestimate what it means financially to have a few hundred fans paying entry fee and a couple of pints at the matches

Whilst we cant go watching City, I've gone watching Atherton Cols not the greatest standard but it is live football, does anybody else go and watch other non league sides...I mean £8 entry fee and £2 a pint it will do until we are allowed back at the Etihad ...

My lad went watching Chaddertonfc play Atherton yesterday. Is that the same Atherton?

He said there were quite a few away fans there

I've been to Hyde twice as its about 30 mins walk from my house. The first time was they were playing Curzon Ashton in a friendly who are my non league team 9& being in National League North means they can not have fans in at home!) & then secondly they played South Shields in the first game of the season as the wife was out & I had nothing to do.(South Shields brought a good 50 or so fans to be fair)

Think I paid £5 for each game, booked online through there website & they just tick you off though the turnstiles although they did have a cash turnstile as they hasn't sold the capacity of 600 they were aloud.

I managed to stand in an area with hardly anybody about but I did notice is fans just piled into the Shed stand at Hyde all close together & it was bit crowded as you go in as the bars are near that point & people mingle around there.

Otherwise, its a great way to get a live football fix which I am badly missing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.