Non petrol head car chat

I agree with never an auto but next time I’m dipping my toe into a diesel I think, the low tax and high mpg cannot be ignored.

I always used to think no autos, but my missus is American and can only drive those, so I got a Merc c220 auto last year and I'd never go back to manual now! It's so comfortable to drive and still really quite quick, even though it's a diesel.

I always used to think no autos, but my missus is American and can only drive those, so I got a Merc c220 auto last year and I'd never go back to manual now! It's so comfortable to drive and still really quite quick, even though it's a diesel.

More to do with old cars I buy and what can go wrong and how expensive it would be. A broken auto means scrapping it. Nothing fancy, no sports flaps etc....

I've only had autos in my 33 years in Oz. When we came to England a couple of years ago I booked a car with Budget forgetting manuals are standard over there.
When we found the car on the airport carpark I saw it was manual, I asked them if they had an auto but they only had a big SUV in automatic. Nearly double the price !
Bloody hell.. I had to go on a learning curve to remember how to drive a manual, and my wife couldn't drive it. Haha

Same, mine is a DSG and it's like shit off a stick in sport mode. I'd never have a manual now, what's the point?

Actually, not wishing to be pedantic but it's a 2 year unlimited warranty. The 3rd year is capped at 60,000 miles. Once you're in the 3rd year and hit 60k, your warranty has expired. Still, skoda is one of the most reliable cars on the market and also one of the best value. The depreciation is lot less than say an Audi or vw which is essentially the same vehicle. Also, more bang for your buck.
Yup, i'm also no where near 60k (not even at 25k yet) so should be alright now im nearly into the 3rd year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.