North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

A few screen grabs.

Click on the picture, then download via the arrow pointing downwards, then click view picture to see the larger picture on your device.

Thanks for another great drone video update.

Picture credit, CP Overview,

Great info and updates Coatigan.

The obligatory Etihad stadium and city centre skyline shot.

363BD16A-EF8A-4775-85AC-EF23ADA64D8E.jpeg

The size of the current new stand, the workers next to it, and underneath it on the roof. The new stand and 2nd tier are massive!

C41C195A-2143-4172-B9DA-106EE2F1AB72.jpeg

1CEF57C0-0A47-46D5-AFEB-FCA5504BE87B.jpeg

The workers removing what looks like insulation? If it’s not insulation I’m sure I’ll be corrected on that. :-)

A9E405C8-DFC6-4D3A-AA8B-3AB59DA0CC3D.jpeg

B5CE8633-9923-4309-BD35-18A2AFBE6A18.jpeg

Tarmacing part of the site next to the hotel.

EDC7-E9-B9-A0-CC-4-B9-D-9-CA1-39-B922939-CDD.jpg

Last edited:
Gareth Law - Site Manager - Sisk - Linkedin

Today the John Sisk & Son Ltd team, working on the MCFC North Stand redevelopment, had the priveledge of welcoming the Greater Manchester Fire & Rescue Service, the GMFRS Technical Response Unit as well as the North West Ambulance Service Hazardous Area Response Team. It was a great opportunity to come together with the local emergency services and give them an overview of the work that is taking place and the challenges associated with the project.

IMG_1479.jpeg

IMG_1478.jpeg

If the roof is anything like Evertons new stadium then that will be insulation for keeping sound out (rain etc) and probably a foil layer underneath to keep the crowd noise in

Great update thanks
Would it be possible to have a look at the tunnel to the left (as you look from the stadium) of the gasometer please? Interested to see if the club bought the land if it could be used for access to the carpark Thanks
It should be able to do that although the road itself is now at a different height to the back of the car park and might be preferable for pedestrians rather than vehicles due to the houses on Broxton Street. This is the view from the other side ...

There's also, I think, another tunnel further south where the gas pipes ran between the two gasometers. I'm wondering if that could be used as an exit for pedestrians too as it also runs onto Bradford Rd. If the Sandhills tram stop finally gets the go ahead, then that will be a really good exit for it.

tunnel2.gif

The progress particularly this month is incredible, some serious work going into the project, already looking very impressive.

I think once the full extent of the transfer is complete (including removing the back cables and pier as well), we will see some real springboard progress. I.e the overlaps will suddenly kick in.

The piling guys have been frozen out for a while now, the steel subbies have also now hit a wall. That middle section has been built as far as they can before connecting to the two towers, the next bits of steel to go up have been lying neatly on the ground for about two weeks now.

Yeah there is a lot of work in the clamping and platforms etc, but it is not immediately obvious 'visible' progress. The demolition is the bit that has been steady, but mostly concealed.

But once the transfer happens, the piling guys will be back in, the steel guys can complete the middle section, and finish off the back of the towers, and then the top piece vip bit can also bridge the two, quadpods can go on top and so on and so on. Next steady week or two unlocks the floodgates, imo.

As promised

Thanks for sharing those, really good to see the progress and allows you to truly appreciate the scale of the project. It's going to be bloody high up at the back of that stand!

I know there's been lots of concern over the proposed hospitality/GA+ and pricing and whether it will truly be a home end, but whatever happens it's exciting to get to see our stadium being invested in so heavily with something of such a significant scale. It's going to be absolutely epic inside, and even if it's only a group of 2,000 singers in there, the design is such that they'll make a racket and get thousands more joining in as well.

Exciting times.

Thanks for sharing those, really good to see the progress and allows you to truly appreciate the scale of the project. It's going to be bloody high up at the back of that stand!

I know there's been lots of concern over the proposed hospitality/GA+ and pricing and whether it will truly be a home end, but whatever happens it's exciting to get to see our stadium being invested in so heavily with something of such a significant scale. It's going to be absolutely epic inside, and even if it's only a group of 2,000 singers in there, the design is such that they'll make a racket and get thousands more joining in as well.

Exciting times.

And still no sign of our mock-up panel!

But then, they have long breached the shit out of that condition, so probably doesn't matter now whether it happens tomorrow or a year from tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.