North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

They aren’t moving to 7/8000 so that’s a stupid red line. They have said they will increase the 3000 if demand is there, so prove the demand is there by filling the 3000.
how can you prove the demand without knowing any prices and if there's a commitment to the atmosphere. they currently take seats returned from the south stand and put them into the corporate allocation and sell on as a package for huge amounts. would they do the same in the north stand. yes they would - unless they go unchecked.

club has not clarified if the section is one section or split
it would be behind thousands of other City fans who are sat down
It would be in front of hotel room balconies and under a restaurant / hospitality floating 3rd tier
there is no detail on prices or if there is a commitment to re-introduce seasoncards

some people probably sign for a house without getting a survey done or reading the small print

do you think fans should move there without knowing any detail ?
do you think the fact they didn't survey the support or put the plans in with the council and got approval 9 months before offering to speak to any fan group is a good sign ?

they've not said they are not going. they've said make it attractive to fans and tell fans the full picture on prices, they'll have a business plan and fans are entitled to ask what that is

How are an extra 3000 safe standing seats with a possibility they can be increased if there is DEMAND,plus a ring fenced amount of tickets for U21 s, detrimental things,how are they more corporate.
Surely these are things to be worked with not worked against.
Open your eyes to what is really happening.

Ten years of season ticket hikes, commercial partnerships allowing home and away tickets to be siphoned off to agencies, tourists with no affiliation to the club getting tickets for aways, no priority for members with loyalty points leading to one third of the ground being tourists or away fans for a CL semi final, United, Arsenal, Liverpool fans buying tickets off the club to sit in our end for home matches, no season tickets for three years and then replaced with Flexi Golds. Now we’ve got sky bars, roof walks and novelty shirts for home CL matches - it’s becoming everything we hated.

Unfortunately there’s a few among us who have an attitude of I’m alright. Not me, and thankfully not 1894.

I have a feeling season tickets are a thing of the past and that they’ll sell flexi golds knowing full well they can sell out the big 6 games using match day tickets at top rate prices.
Flexi gold holders can buy for the big 6 games if they choose too.

Or at least the Junior's FG can as I've just done it for my lad.

As someone who is unlikely to enjoy the new facilities, this all seems very promising. I hope some of the moaners on here recall the facilities at Maine Road and realise the club is making progress, and if the prices put you off there is National League football nearby with tickets much far north of £20. I don’t think City will struggle to fill the additional seats, at least for 35 minutes in each half ;-)
If you don’t like it and can’t afford it.., unlucky.. go and watch non league football.. off you pop. Nice.

They aren’t moving to 7/8000 so that’s a stupid red line. They have said they will increase the 3000 if demand is there, so prove the demand is there by filling the 3000.
Maybe if the club had done their own research and surveyed the fans instead of 1894 having to do it then they might have more of an idea as to how much demand there is for safe standing in that area. Then again, they couldn’t even be bothered surveying those who are currently in Level One of the North Stand for their views FFS.

I also note that you say how is having 3000 safe standing spaces more corporate. Well, considering it’s supposed to be an atmosphere stand - and the club have gone big on the atmosphere thing in their announcement today - then I happen to think that figure is on the low side. Also, if the club are keen to place the emphasis on atmosphere then I’d be interested to know which clown came up with the idea of over 600 GA+ corporate/semi-corporate seats placed front and centre of the stand, while at the same time saying they want 1894 in there as anchor tenants. Aside from the fact that you would never see Dortmund, for example, plonk hundreds of GA+ seats slap bang in the middle of their Yellow Wall, did it not occur to anybody at the club that that is almost certainly where 1894 would be doing their displays?

Now I can’t tell from the club’s announcement today if they’re still going ahead with the GA+ idea or if they’ve binned it off/moved it elsewhere so I’m going to reserve further judgement on that for now. However, the lack of detail in today’s announcement regarding season tickets, number of season tickets, type of season tickets, and the price of season tickets in the new stand doesn’t fill me with confidence that the composition of the stand will be conducive to a great atmosphere. I hope my pessimism on that is misplaced.

Last edited:
Open your eyes to what is really happening.

Ten years of season ticket hikes, commercial partnerships allowing home and away tickets to be siphoned off to agencies, tourists with no affiliation to the club getting tickets for aways, no priority for members with loyalty points leading to one third of the ground being tourists or away fans for a CL semi final, United, Arsenal, Liverpool fans buying tickets off the club to sit in our end for home matches, no season tickets for three years and then replaced with Flexi Golds. Now we’ve got sky bars, roof walks and novelty shirts for home CL matches - it’s becoming everything we hated.

Unfortunately there’s a few among us who have an attitude of I’m alright. Not me, and thankfully not 1894.
So much wrong in that post. , you’ve already made your mind up no point trying to presuade you there are good things in this. Me, I can’t wait for it to open, and it’s nothing that I’ve ever hated..

Why is it irrational?

I am commenting on their public statement. As I did on the club's.

My somewhat colourful language aside, there is a point for them to consider if they wish to, about the perception of it.

Fwiw, I filled in the questionnaire, I put money into their uefa banner, I loved their arsenal game banners. But I think they are way off here. As is their attitude.
Ok I was wrong, you clearly don’t dislike the group itself.

I can’t for the life of me though understand why you have such a problem with their statement. It seemed pretty fair and reasonable to me and nicely summed up the feelings of most blues who are keen to restore a proper old school football atmosphere to the ground but felt that the board would pay only the very slightest lip service to this which as it happens is exactly what has transpired

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.