North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Open your eyes to what is really happening.

Ten years of season ticket hikes, commercial partnerships allowing home and away tickets to be siphoned off to agencies, tourists with no affiliation to the club getting tickets for aways, no priority for members with loyalty points leading to one third of the ground being tourists or away fans for a CL semi final, United, Arsenal, Liverpool fans buying tickets off the club to sit in our end for home matches, no season tickets for three years and then replaced with Flexi Golds. Now we’ve got sky bars, roof walks and novelty shirts for home CL matches - it’s becoming everything we hated.

Unfortunately there’s a few among us who have an attitude of I’m alright. Not me, and thankfully not 1894.
Hear hear

Until the club releases season ticket details, and match day ticket prices for NSL2, we won't know the real andc true interest from current match going fans, and fans desperate to watch the games, who currently can't get a season ticket, and can't afford a match ticket.
That's true but we also don't know the type of fan they are likely to be, youngsters, families, FOCs etc and if they'd prefer standing or seating. It's be interesting to see how it pans out.

Great post.

I noticed one of the people earlier pushing back on those sharing this view was one of those ‘if you can’t afford it don’t go’ types.

Thankfully groups like 1894 still fight for the rights of fans rather than boot lick or roll over to the corporate juggernaut.

Boot lick.

Open your eyes to what is really happening.

Ten years of season ticket hikes, commercial partnerships allowing home and away tickets to be siphoned off to agencies, tourists with no affiliation to the club getting tickets for aways, no priority for members with loyalty points leading to one third of the ground being tourists or away fans for a CL semi final, United, Arsenal, Liverpool fans buying tickets off the club to sit in our end for home matches, no season tickets for three years and then replaced with Flexi Golds. Now we’ve got sky bars, roof walks and novelty shirts for home CL matches - it’s becoming everything we hated.

Unfortunately there’s a few among us who have an attitude of I’m alright. Not me, and thankfully not 1894.
The atmosphere has been getting worst since the treble winning season. I wonder if that’s because many more blues have been priced out and thought “fuck it, we’ve won the lot, I’ll just save my cash and go a few times a season instead”. The atmosphere will get worst as the seasons go on, I guarantee it. Liverpool fans are complaining about the atmosphere at Anfield, they are being priced out, same as us. I guarantee also that season ticket prices will rise again for the next season.

The new stand looks good, just a shame it’s not an end entirely for singers.

Flexi gold holders can buy for the big 6 games if they choose too.

Or at least the Junior's FG can as I've just done it for my lad

Flexi gold holders can buy for the big 6 games if they choose too.

Or at least the Junior's FG can as I've just done it for my lad.
People only accept flexi gold as there is no choice no alternative

Its £150 for an adult and £75 for a child just to get access. That’s basically a 20% rise if it is compared to a traditional season card.

They're adding 8,000, and I would guess it currently holds between 2,000 - 4,000 so between 10,000 - 12,000 would be my guess
Cheers. I'd have thought 5,000 would have been a better standing figure then. It will certainly be interesting to see the demand and whether or not that justifies increasing the planned safe standing area.

...." away fans and family end in the same stand " ?

Explain please ?
My bad, I had already realised my error before reading this. That's the south stand(the two home ends dream). But people do want that moving as well and have done for some time. They should never have put either behind the goals. Some clubs don't even put the away fans close to the pitch.

As for the family end. I know from my matchgoing experiences elsewhere in the stadium. That some hate fans standing up and making too much noise. It's a mad concept to me and IMO, you can't even blame it on the newer generation of fans. Some of the biggest moaners, shouting 'sit down' or looking around at anyone making noise on their own are the oldies, who've probably been going to matches for years. I imagine the families wouldn't want it too rowdy where they sit too. It's difficult to keep everyone happy.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.